PDA

View Full Version : Middle St. Vrain - Coney Flats Trail Thursday 5/10

ajk150
May 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Planning on doing Middle St. Vrain with the possibility of Coney Flats (depending on how my friends 4runner does) on Thursday (5/10). Anyone is welcome to join, but keep in mind i've never done this trail before so i'm prolly going to take it easy.

Has anyone run this trail yet or even know if its open? I've looked around but can't seem to confirm if its open or closed.
If anyone is interested in joining let me know, and we can work out a meeting place.

TrailDamage.com - Middle St. Vrain (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18)

ajk150
May 6th, 2012, 09:51 PM
:( Back to the plaining board. Anyone know offhand of any trails open near Boulder that are open that a stock 4runner (3rd gen.), with e rear locker could run? I'd say his offroad experience is moderate. I know of Left Hand Canyon, but i've done that a few times this year and looking for something else.

cfr
May 6th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Read elsewhere that it wasn't going to be open until June. Just checked the Trail Ridge Runner's calendar. They've adopted this trail and work with the USFS to open it every hear. Looks like June 23rd/24th.

Michael4rnr
May 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM
My 4runnef is the same way and it has gotten up some thing that I didn't think it could, just carefully tire placement. Trails that I think would be good are Argentine and china wall and slaughterhouse are some good fun trails. There are probly more trails but i don't know what they are.

ccbruin
May 6th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Im looking to do something near boulder this weekend or early next week! maybe coney, miller rock, or johnny park...

ajk150
May 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
My 4runnef is the same way and it has gotten up some thing that I didn't think it could, just carefully tire placement. Trails that I think would be good are Argentine and china wall and slaughterhouse are some good fun trails. There are probly more trails but i don't know what they are.
Its not so much the car, more the driver haha. But i was thinking about changing to slaughterhouse as i was trying to do it last fall, but didn't have my truck out here yet.

Im looking to do something near boulder this weekend or early next week! maybe coney, miller rock, or johnny park...
I have to set up some tech for the ski team, but depending on when i finish setting that up i would be down for a run somewhere around Boulder. Only obligation is that i need to be back in PA by the 17th for my moms Bday.

ccbruin
May 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I have to set up some tech for the ski team, but depending on when i finish setting that up i would be down for a run somewhere around Boulder. Only obligation is that i need to be back in PA by the 17th for my moms Bday.

Sounds good. I have to mod my gas tank before i can do anything. Hopefully it gets done on saturday.

Rob
May 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
coney, miller rock, or johnny park...

Of those three, Miller Rock is the only one open.

ccbruin
May 6th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Wow, thats crazy. Didnt know that