PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Mud Bogs?

Coonburger
May 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I was wondering if there was any legit mud bogs out here in colorado, iam not talking mud drags just a good old fashioned mud bog. Any ideas on where to look? or know of any

Chris
May 7th, 2012, 02:26 PM
CORE is the only place that came to mind for me but the mud was more ice when I did it.

Coonburger
May 7th, 2012, 02:27 PM
yeah i was kindof a big event , go out in a big area with a ton of people and play kindof what they do east coast

upnover
May 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
CORE is the only place you can mud bog. The GREENies don't like mud here in CO. Every Mud pit I knew of has been filled in or blocked off. I don't like mud much. It's a PIA yo clean you junk and jacks **** up but to each their own.

I must agree! It's fun when doing. WeeeeeeWeeeeeeeWeeeee like the pig on TV. lol

95tacoma
May 7th, 2012, 04:57 PM
It has been forever since I saw it, but I'm pretty sure De Beque has a whole event. Not sure if you have ever been there but it is just west of Parachute.

Coonburger
May 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
any idea where i can find info for it?

95tacoma
May 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
It was during the Wild Horse Days, but I can't seem to find any info whether or not they are still doing it.

mattzj98
May 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
there are mud pits at the trailhead to eagle rock
in CO SPRINGS

glacierpaul
May 10th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Are they legit though. There is a mudbog up Rainbow Rd. (the way up to Fall River Res. and Chinn's/Sherwin Lakes) the F.S. has signed it the past few years, but the signs get ran down and the rocks get moved. Do not get caught off trail, $500 fine! A call to the agency in charge of Eagle Rock to make sure the mud pit is ok to wheel, sounds in order.

Brody
May 10th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Do an early season run on almost any trail and it is going to be a bit of a mud bog. Try an early run of the Ellis Jeep Trail outside of Steamboat and you will get your fill.

Two hints for mud:

Coat the underside of your rig with PAM cooking spray or WD40 before the mudding. The mud will, for the most part, wash off easily.

After the run, rather than drop $25 in quarters at the car wash getting it clean, take a regular wide angle lawn sprinkler and let it run under the rig for 30 minutes or so, then spray it off.

Having done a lot of trails in the Midwest, Northwest, and Florida, I have run into a lot of mud. Personally, I don't especially care for it too damn much and don't seek it out....

Coonburger
May 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
oh ive already dipped in the mud this year, just wanna get a ol' fashioned mud bog tons of trucks bunch of good ol boys haveing fun , miss it used to go to them all the time in michigan but i doubt itll happen out here lol