Brody
May 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I worked out some clevis mounts with Doug at Altitude Steel:

1824 W Colfax Ave. Denver Colorado 80204

Phone: 303.534.7075

E-Mail:

Click Here dcohan@altitudesteel.com

Click Here hcohan@altitudesteel.com

These are a bit beefier than others on the market and a bit cheaper, too. They are 1"x3" steel stock with a 1" hole for the clevis pin. Custom lengths are available, but your basic mount that will mount through a 3" bumper allowing for a double weld, is $15.00. This is $5-$7 cheaper than anyone else around.

Here are some pictures, the first in place on the Surburban bumper I just did for David's friend Rick and the second shined up and ready to be welded in place on Robyn's new front bumper.

Support another local business and certainly one who is a friend of Front Range 4x4! Cross post this on other forums, too, if you get a chance!

Chris
May 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm hurt Pete, no photos of mine you welded up yesterday?

Brody
May 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hey...you are the one with the camera permanently mounted to the back of your rig. I thought you had the photo stuff handled! Besides, jumping from welding to dissecting a computer, then going back to welding, metal, and big tools, maxed out my pseudo multi tasking capabilities....

Brad
May 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Just don't take the welder to the computer! Well accidentally anyway! :D

Brody
May 10th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Just don't take the welder to the computer! Well accidentally anyway!

HAHA...I have taken a shotgun to a computer in my backyard once. Great feeling. Absolutely soul satisfying. Sheriff who responded to the "gunshot fired" (midafternoon) drove up as I was cleaning up what was left, asked me if I had heard a gunshot.
"Sure", I said, "That was me."
"What were you shooting at",He asked.
"This piece of s**t computer that I am now cleaning up", I replied.
He started laughing....

MelloYello
May 10th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Only you Pete.

I saw these clevis mounts first hand. They are beef and well made.

Chris
May 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hey...you are the one with the camera permanently mounted to the back of your rig.

Aargh! That damned camera lacks a pivot! Oh yeah, I have to add photo capabilities as well…

Thanks Pete, hope to never need the strength they provide!

Brody
May 11th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Only you Pete.

For a long period of time, common sense wasn't getting in the way of my atavistic tendencies. I still have issues with that, but they are tempered with what passes for maturity..

In the case of the the shotgun vs the computer (shotgun won hands down, BTW), it was a second computer that I had spent way too much time trying to get to work and had reached my frustration level. Computer pieces= can no longer be worked on in any sense of the word. X 2 with 12 gauge #00 did the trick, just had to step back enough to get a decent spread...The rest of that day went remarkably smoother sans troublesome computer...