PDA

View Full Version : Aaron's Taco Terd

Aaron
May 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hey all,

Well, now I'm a trader. After a couple of Jeeps, I've gone Toyota. I know I'll miss the old Jeep but over the past year or so, our priorities have changed a little bit and my love of the hobby has evolved. Since buying the property in Jefferson, our wheeling weekends have gone down quite a bit and our camping weekends have gone up. In addition, we bought some ATVs from the neighbors this past year. We took them to China Wall and some nearby trails last weekend (When it was warm) and had an absolute blast, aside from the pain of getting the ATVs there with the old Rubi.

So about the Tacoma. We got it with the TRD Sport package and Navi. I ordered the topped for it but its not on it yet. It has the limited slip difs and skidplates. I opted out of the TRD OffRoad package because I didn't like the tires it came with and the ride was tuned rougher. This rig rides nice on the highway and over bumpy back roads. Got a good deal on the trade and GREAT deal on the vehicle itself. We get USAA pricing so after rebates and the like, we got it for about 1000 under invoice.

Why the Yota? Well, we drove the Frontier and the Colorado. The Colorado was a good vehicle but I liked the Jap ones better. Seemed better quality, fit and finish. I liked the Nissan but for about the same price, I got Navigation in the Taco which was unavailable in the Frontier.

Saw Rolland there at the dealership as well. Pleasant conversation.

MelloYello
May 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Nice yoda Aaron. I am sure it will serve you very well.

Kory
May 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Nice truck Aaron!

Chris
May 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Congrats Aaron, you'll be real happy with the Taco. :thumb:

ShutUpHippie
May 14th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Nice truck Aaron!

Heather
May 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Very cool! Hope to see it and you guys on a run before too long...though the camping and ATVing sounds like a blast!!

Funrover
May 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Nice! I think you will like the change for the reasons you did change!

4Runninfun
May 14th, 2012, 10:00 AM
good looking truck!

Beefy
May 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Nice truck!!!!

scout man
May 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
thats one shiny looking truck!! Sounds like a good purchase!

Rick
May 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I love to camp also so I do understand and will be doing my share of camping w/o the black Dodge this summer as the white one pulls the trailer

RidgeRunner
May 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the dark side! Nice truck.

Rob
May 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Very nice. Congrats, Aaron.

Brody
May 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
You will like the Tacoma. Good truck.

Brad
May 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Nice truck! :thumb:

Michael4rnr
May 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Nice looking taco.

KnuckleHead
May 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Nice looking truck .....

taco52
May 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Its nice to see another taco on here.

Patrolman
May 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Nice ride. You won't be disappointed!

FischerFab
May 14th, 2012, 09:50 PM
You will love that truck over any Jeep, trust me. Let me know when you want some Bumpers, rock sliders and when you get crazy a solid axle swap!

Chris
May 14th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'll be happy to see Aaron run it on a narrow trail and get some pinstripes. :D

glacierpaul
May 15th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Nice Aaron! You will have to do an atv 'run' at/by your place some time.

Java
May 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
That is beautiful!! Best of both worlds, in a lot of ways you traded up! :thumb:

Cr33p3r
May 16th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Nice truck Aaron!!!

Geno
May 16th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Nice new truck, I converted the other way after 8 plus Toyotas I recently bought my first jeep a TJ 2001. BUT , I still have my tacoma for my dailey driver and will probally always have at least 1 Toyota in my stable ( 2 currently) You will love the Tacoma, I hab=ve had this one for almost 9 years and it is as good running as when I bought it.

mattzj98
May 16th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Very nice!

Dirt Claude
May 16th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Nice rig Aaron, I've been looking at Tacomas myself lately as well!

Jackie
May 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Congrats! I'm glad you're happy with your decision. (Nice truck!)

pictaker
May 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I agree, you can't go wrong with a TACO, although I'm a bit biased. I've spent quite a bit of time and money getting mine trail ready, let me know if you've got any questions, I'd be glad to give you my $.02. Great looking truck!

Brody
May 17th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Geno is another source of good Taco info as well as Todd. I may know a bit about Yotas, too....

I have a Taco coming in to do a basic ToyTec 3" lift on next week ..Like the non Cherokee/Grand Jeeps, the newer Tacos, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers respond very well to a basic 3" lift as it betters the ride quality and all the other good stuff without getting into the steering geometry. There are a bunch of companies out there making good 3" lifts all for around the same price range.

Geno
May 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I have done 3 fabtech 3 in lift kits including my own truck. I like the adjustable front shocks and bolt in setup. the Fabtech rear springs are too stiff in my opinion and I replaced them with 2 softer springs, I set up here at my house. Low cost and no problems with fit and finish. No issues with the steering, mine are cranked all the way up, and my truck aligned with no problems, and willl still go down the road at 105 mph with 1 finger on the whell and it is solid.

96blkbeauty
May 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM
I'm jealous. Love those Taco's. I thought about getting one when I was on the hunt for a smaller truck but just couldn't justify spending the money. You can pick up a full size truck for the same price.

With that being said...i'm not really wanting a full size truck (unless it was a diesel). The truth is...i've had thoughts about ditching the Bronco and Ranger and picking up a 4-door Taco.

glacierpaul
May 19th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I'm jealous. Love those Taco's. I thought about getting one when I was on the hunt for a smaller truck but just couldn't justify spending the money. You can pick up a full size truck for the same price.

With that being said...i'm not really wanting a full size truck (unless it was a diesel). The truth is...i've had thoughts about ditching the Bronco and Ranger and picking up a 4-door Taco. WHAT!?!?!?! :)