PDA

View Full Version : Hello from florida

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm in florida, my mom had a stroke so i came back to florida to spend time with her since i'm only child. I left my 1994 f150 and trailer in rv storage, i need to bring it to florida but the transmission isn't good to drive back to florida with loaded trailer also rear main sealer is leaking of oil. I dont know exactly when i will come to colorado, might be real soon or at least sometime in july. I might go to used transmission route at the same time to fix the sealer. Does anyone know where to find the used ones in colorado..

Rick
May 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
pull and save???

Heather
May 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she's doing well.

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
I dont know how much it cost to buy used transmission there, the options that i have is send the money for the transmission and labor as well. I'm starting to save money to buy the trans. Then the labor. I would love to ride out in the trail while i'm there

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yes she is doing good but not the same, the only good part about florida is beaches but i rather to be on the trail!!! Miss it alot!!!

Brad
May 23rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Sorry about your mom Brian. Hope she is feeling better!

I would go used or have it rebuilt, that is a long drive on a unknown transmission. At least rebuilt you know it has been gone through. :thumb:

Rick
May 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
At least rebuilt you know it has been gone through. x2 agree

Jackie
May 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry about your mom. I hope everything works out for you.

Kory
May 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Try Stadium Auto Parts (http://www.stadiumautoparts.com)

Or Central Foreign Auto Parts (Denver,CO) (http://centralforeign.reachlocal.com/?scid=1390787&kw=11327055&pub_cr_id=8433124739)

My work uses both these companies. I have no personal experience with them. If they can't help you I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
the transmission for my truck is pretty hard to find, the one that i had in truck has been rebuild from previous owner so i asked around and they said that the one that i had is very difficult to rebuilt, need to be at ford specilist. so i guess that i need to find used one so i can drie here then have my old ones to be rebuild by ford specilist here in florida

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
i towed alot with my trailer so i need to beef it up and there are some weak spots in that year.

Brody
May 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom, Brian. Actually sorry to hear that you are back in Florida, but that is another topic...

You might try calling a couple of folks that I know for suggestions on the tranny and the best folks to deal with:

Steve Brownell at Central Foreign Auto Parts (he knows everybody): 303-295-2277

Scotty at Arvada Auto Tech: 303-420-5106

Bill at Englewood Drive Shaft: 303-781-0554

Scott at AA Performance Muffler and Brake:303-806-8634

All of the guys are in the business and know a lot of folks. None of them deal with transmissions directly, but all would be happy to point you to people they have done good business with. Feel free to mention my name and that I suggested you get in touch with them for a suggestion.

Good luck with all of the stuff you are dealing with! Best wishes from both me and LaDawn!

Rick
May 23rd, 2012, 07:18 PM
My advice to you would Don't use ABD Transmissions. He totally screwed me about 15 yrs ago,I sued him and he went Bankrupt reopening under a his current name. He is located over By High Country In that huge row of shops just about 1/2 mile to the west and across the street from Corvettes Only. I lost about 15k after all said and done. He is a real Snake!!!

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
hello pete!!! it has been awhile since we spoke, mom is doing ok but not the same. sometimes she was calling the cats, trying to get them in the house but those cats were alerady dead ten years ago
it is not too bad, now i need to deal with my truck and trailer and would love to ride with somone on the trails!!! i will keep looking and decided what i will do. i know i can get the best advice from this
great club.

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
abd transmission, i surely will remember that, thanks

Rick
May 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
your more than welcome!!!! Good luck with everything

Patrolman
May 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom Brian. If there is anything we can help you to do in advance, let us know. Maybe snag a transmission and get it to a shop in advance of you getting here or something. Sounds like you already have your hands full. Hope you get a chance to hit a trail when you come back this way!

Rob
May 23rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom, Brian. Are you living in Florida again or is that just temporary? And how's Silma?

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
yes there are many options but while i am in florida , the options are limited. i will think more clearly pretty soon and there is a fifty percent chance that i think that the truck will
make it to florida but it has been sitting for over year now at rv storage and the battery is dead. all i know for sure is i will not leave colorado without hitting the trails!!

brian pleasant
May 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
hello rob!!! more likely staying in florida but planning to buy maybe a cabin in colorado. sylma and i arent together anymore, i need to focus on mother and my daugther and grandkids
now the truck is the one i am working on..i never forget the good times i had in colorado!