PDA

View Full Version : Plasma cutter or cutting torch set up

Woodscaper
May 23rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
I have a project that I would like to get some help with. Im wondering if anyone would be willing to come over and burn some metal with a plasma cutter for me. Or let me borrow a torch set up. I have a cutting torch but no bottles or regulators/hoses, I will fill the bottles if I can borrow someones set up. I will compinsate you for the consumables and make sure you benifit from the finished project :D

Thanks

scout man
May 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
your welcome to either come use my plasma, if the project is portable, or borrow my bottles if you like.

Woodscaper
May 23rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Right On Steve, Thank you. I cant bring the project to you however, I had to winch it out of my truck, Its about 600 lbs. no way I can lift back into truck. I would love to borrow your bottles and I will refill them when Im done or just pay you so you can refill when empty. Hows your schedule looking in the next week or so??

scout man
May 23rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
unfortunately I am pretty busy, as in I cant get away too much, but I will be around tomorrow all day, and at least the first half of next week if you would like to run by here and pick them up. Dont know how much cutting you have to do, but my bottles are kinda small. I have only used them for about 10 minutes though tops, so probably have a decent amount left in them.

Woodscaper
May 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I just picked up a set of reg's and cylinders from my Dad. I'm just not sure how much gas is in them and if I will get the run around when exchanging them. He cant remember when the last time they were "filled" and what name they might be under. I might have to set up a new account/lease to get them exchanged???? The sticker on them is from General Gas and im sure the cylinders are thier's, I hope it be a PITA.

xaza
May 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
It shouldn't be a problem, they just care that they get a cylinder in exchange. Let me know if you have an issue, my company has an account there and I can exchange them for you.

Popsgarage
May 25th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cliff has this 100% correct. I usually use Buckeye Welding Supply. No hassle, in and out and done.

Woodscaper
May 25th, 2012, 06:32 PM
It shouldn't be a problem, they just care that they get a cylinder in exchange. Let me know if you have an issue, my company has an account there and I can exchange them for you.

Thanks for the offer. I will go check it out on Tuesday.