PDA

View Full Version : Some people just don't understand

Max
May 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I said to a friend: "Hey, maybe Brian wants to come four wheeling sometime". He says "I don't think he would want to take his brand new forty thousand dollar truck anytime soon".

I just stared at him... :rolleyes:

mattzj98
May 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Is he implying that it was too much money to take 4wheeling????? Hahaha my sis takes her 60k jeep wheeling, buddy takes his range rover supercharged, over 110k, Scrats truck has seen wheeling..

Don't understand either lol

Maybe I'm getting it wrong

mattzj98
May 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Yup

RonnieD
May 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I have a friend who is the same way. Doesn't want to take his $10k Tacoma TRD on the trails because he's too afraid he might get a scratch on his paint or a ding in his chrome wheels :lmao:. I'll admit his truck looks good, but what a waste of resources. Not the same level as a $60k or $100k vehicle, but I see your point.

Fordguy77
May 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Different strokes for different folks.

Stephen
May 29th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I wasn't too excited to see the first dent in my heep, but I was over it after a few minutes.

Heather
May 29th, 2012, 09:05 PM
(Hey Chris! Nice avatar!)

WDoG
May 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I guess if you have the money to afford a $60k rig then you have the money to fix it if it breaks. :D:D

mattzj98
May 29th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Unless you spent it all on your rig lol

Pathrat
May 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
A few years back I was telling my brother about all the brush marks on my rig. He wanted to know what that was going to do to the re-sale value. I told him that was no longer a concern.

Rob
May 29th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I told him that was no longer a concern.

:lmao: Shoot, that'd probably increase the value for the right buyer.

Brad
May 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
In Colorado that is seasoning! :thumb:

Chris
May 29th, 2012, 10:31 PM
When I took my "new" truck out for the first time on Argentine the brush was hanging about a foot over each side of the trail and I hesitated. Barb looked at me and said "We didn't buy it to keep it pretty, go!"

It's not a $60K truck but it's the most expensive I've ever owned but you can't appreciate any trucks design until you get it off the pavement IMHO.

96blkbeauty
May 30th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I baby my 4x4 Ranger. Its lifted, has meaty tires, and would probably wheel pretty well. But you won't catch me wheeling it. Its my DD...and its too clean to dent/scratch up offroad. I can't afford to break things on it, and the thought of it getting scratched up gives me chills, in all honesty. It gets cleaned once a week and i'll clean it once a week for years to come.

Some people work hard for their money...and when they buy something (especially 40k+ dollars worth) they expect to have it for years. They want to keep it in good shape.

What I don't understand is why someone would want to buy something that expensive with their hard earned cash and then take it out and destroy it. But as said before, different strokes for different folks.

I'll stick to wheeling my 17 year old Bronco.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/96blkbeauty/SDC11009.jpg

Brody
May 30th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Thing I don't like wheeling my heap is that it takes untold hours to buff it out and get the gleaming shine back.

The last 5-6 rigs that I have had have all ended up primer black...

Still damn hard to buff out.

glacierpaul
May 30th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I scratched up/pinstriped my brand new Jeep before I got the license plates for it, and have folks ask me now and then, "Why is your Jeep all scratched up?, wasn't that an expensive Jeep?" As far as I am concerned, my pinstripes are like my eye's, I would look funny without them, IMO. It is the branding of a true 4 wheeler!
But, I am also of mind to have a nice rig stay nice, if that is what is intended. To each their own!