PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Release Preview

otisdog
May 31st, 2012, 03:35 PM
For those of you who like to try beta stuff Win 8 Release Preview is now available - iso images and product keys:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/iso?ocid=W_OFF_W8P_TechCenter_ISO_en-us

I have had the Consumer Release Preview on my computer for a few weeks. Win 8 is a different bird - a really different bird.
This is a beta release and will quit working when the final release goes on sale.
I've installed mine on a separate partition alongside Win 7. Please don't mess with this unless you know what you are doing. You could lose everything!!
Jim

Mr6dwg
May 31st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Having the luxury of working at Seagate, I have been privileged to work with the Beta and the Consumer Preview. I believe the Metro Ribbon feature is going to throw alot of people out in left field. My latest fun thing with Windows 8 is the booting into Safe Mode. Thank you for making this available to others.

otisdog
May 31st, 2012, 06:12 PM
I've got it downloaded. Will install over the Consumer preview. Waiting to see what changes they've made.
Jim

Brody
May 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Cool! Another WinDoze OS that is 60% finished and will appear in the stores near you at a high price 65% finished!

Thanks for the link!

WDoG
June 1st, 2012, 01:10 AM
Sweet, good to see that I'm not the only one that is a computer person. :cool: :cool:

Brody
June 1st, 2012, 04:20 AM
There are quite a few folks pretty damn good with both the hardware and software sides of computers..I use both PCs and MACs and have your basic love/hate relationship with them.

otisdog
June 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM
Cool! Another WinDoze OS that is 60% finished and will appear in the stores near you at a high price 65% finished!

Thanks for the link!

I have to agree with you.
Jim