PDA

View Full Version : Imogene Pass to the top June 8th-9th

Cake
June 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
While I know its late notice, and I'm not sure if this counts as a "run" I'll be driving up Imogene Pass to Savage Basin(at the peak of the pass ~13K') tomorrow evening from the Telluride side for the Lunar Cup.

The Lunar Cup is an all night party on friday, with costumed(or clothing lack thereof) sking and snowboard racing and general goofing off on Saturday. Its typically later in the summer, but the snow is melting quick up there, so its happening this weekend. You can google "telluride lunar cup" for some better information and some videos.

While I noticed some pictures/videos with younger children, I get the idea that this isn't exactly a family friendly event (mostly due to potential nudity). There are no jerks up there, everyone is there to enjoy themselves and have fun, but it comes down to typical mountain town debauchery. PM me if you're interested in coming up.

Admins, feel free to delete if this if it doesn't meet criteria, but it is 4x4 on a pass, so just wanted to throw it out there.

Brad
June 7th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I would love to join you, unfortunately it is a bit far, Black Bear and Imogene are on my list this year! Take lots of pics!:thumb:

Cake
June 7th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Oh yeah, they're plowing Black Bear next weekend!