PDA

View Full Version : YOWSA! This doesn't happen for most of us!...

Jackie
June 7th, 2012, 10:50 PM
My daughter, Casey, graduated from nursing school last month and then took an on-line course to help her study for the NCLEX RN exam. (And you have to wait in line for that). She took the test this past Monday and called me afterwards in tears telling me it was the most brutal experience of her life and she was positive that she failed the test. 48 hours later (yesterday) she got the word that she passed!!! This morning she had a "working interview" with Broomfield Pediatrics and I am so proud to announce that SHE GOT THE JOB and will officially be a pediatric nurse beginning Monday morning!

She still has to complete a 2-week notice at St. Joes where she currently works as a CNA, but then it's Mon. - Fri., 9-5 and no holidays, no nights, no weekends and no I-25 commute to Denver!!!

It's kind of a "Cinderella" story to me. NOBODY gets that lucky!

Woot!!!:D

Pathrat
June 7th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Very cool, those are great accomplishments!

Rob
June 7th, 2012, 10:57 PM
NOBODY gets that lucky!

I don't think luck had anything to do with it. :thumb:

Congrats to Casey!

Popsgarage
June 7th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Nice job!

Popsgarage
June 7th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Sounds like she's worked her but off, therefore she deserves it. And good job to you as well for raising a good kid.

otisdog
June 8th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Congrats to her.
Jim

glacierpaul
June 8th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Sounds like she's worked her but off, therefore she deserves it. And good job to you as well for raising a good kid.

X2!

Brody
June 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM
What everyone else said...Hard work and smarts...Congratulations!

dannanw
June 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Congratulations, I hope to have the wifes results be that good.

Heather
June 8th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Amazing, so happy for her (and you!)! Congrats!!

Rick
June 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Thats Awesome;Similar situation with my daughter but in Psychology. Tell your Daughter great job!!!!!!

Tom
June 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
That's simply put AWESOME. Congrats to her.

Brad
June 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Congrats!:thumb:

4Runninfun
June 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Congrats! Hard work always pays off.

Jackie
June 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Thats Awesome;Similar situation with my daughter but in Psychology. Tell your Daughter great job!!!!!!

So happy for your daughter as well!

Funny. Casey's bachelors degree is in Psych. The nursing degree that she has at moment is just an associates, but she intends to continue until she gets her bachelors and maybe even masters degree. But for now...... she needs a break from school. (I don't blame her).

Jackie
June 8th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Dannan - I hope things go smoothly for your wife as well. If she ever needs some advice or just someone to talk to about the test, let me know and I'll put her in contact with Casey.

Chris
June 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
The nursing degree that she has at moment is just an associates, but she intends to continue until she gets her bachelors and maybe even masters degree. But for now...... she needs a break from school.

Pass on my congratulations to Casey! :thumb:

Good to see she'll take a break. My daughter just got her Master's and was being pushed to keep going for her Doctorate but she decided the time would be better spent hanging with the family (she has 4 kids) instead of the books this year.

southpaws3
June 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
congrads:thunb:

Java
June 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
That's awesome!! Hard work does pay off!!!!!! :thumb:

Hypoid
June 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
She took the test this past Monday and called me afterwards in tears telling me it was the most brutal experience of her lifeCongrats to her, Jackie!

Tell her to not worry. She will only get better when the pressure is on.