PDA

View Full Version : Auto Repair In Longmont

Meatloaf
June 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hey all, just bought a new truck, and need some Cats put on for emmisions. It also needs some minor work (fuel filter, tuneup). Are there any reputable local shops that you guys use? I'd rather give my money to the locals than the big names (Midas for example).

Thanks

Kyle

Tom
June 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I have general work done at Meineke on N Main. I know they're one of the big guys but they've always treated me right.

Brody
June 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hey Kyle

PM either Rob (ROB) or CR (95Yota). They have lived there for quite awhile, too, and may have some suggestions. I have CR's contact information (that is listed under member skills/backflow testing) and if you have trouble reaching him, shoot me or LaDawn an email or PM.

CR
June 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hayes Auto on S. Main. for general repair. Chacons muffler does a great job on exhaust stuff. used both many times. Give me a call if you need more info. 720-883-4481

Tom
June 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I've been in Longmont 12 years and had a single bad experience with Hayes. Worst tires I ever bought were from Hayes. I've never been back. Can't speak to there service skills though.

Rob
June 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Chacon did the muffler and cat for my 40. Good work, good price. For work on the 40 that I can't get done at Pete's, I use 4WD Extreme. I had some work done on a Ranger I used to have at Meineke, but that was so long ago, I can't remember the experience.

You didn't say what kind of truck it is. If it's a Toy, you might try Tim's Toy Shop. Haven't used them, but a co-worker has for years and recommends them highly.