PDA

View Full Version : 3d Printing

Talus
June 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Just thought I would share that I do 3d printing from 3d CAD models. Not exactly off-road related but it is pretty cool technology for prototyping smaller stuff! :cool:

Java
July 1st, 2012, 05:40 AM
that's awesome, I saw it done on This Old House, they made a model of the house they were working on. insane tech, I can see everything being built that way in the future.

Talus
July 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
that's awesome, I saw it done on This Old House, they made a model of the house they were working on. insane tech, I can see everything being built that way in the future.

Yeah, it's pretty cool technology! It is expanding into the medical, food, manufacturing and other fields. If you are interested in checking out some sample photos of the work that I have done, you can see more in the gallery here: http://www.fusion3dmodels.com . There are also links to our Facebook and Youtube sites shown on the website.

WDoG
July 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Sweet! How much do you charge for stuff? I may have a project for you.

Talus
July 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
Sweet! How much do you charge for stuff? I may have a project for you.

It is generally based on volume of material used- it starts at $11.50 per cubic inch of material used (for white). It sounds expensive (and it is), but 1 cubic inch can be stretched pretty far if the parts are shelled out to have thin walls. For example, many of the parts shown in the website gallery would be in the $20-40 range.

If you have a CAD model ready, just send file in .STL/.VRML format to info@fusion3dmodels.com and I would be happy to give you a quote!