PDA

View Full Version : Graffiti

Java
July 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Saw this today on the Little Dry Creek path. All the different colors around it are the work of kids- the local police bring (presumably) bad kids around in orange vests with buckets of paint and rollers and make them paint over graffiti, and I guess the paint color varies with what they have available to the program. They have a special truck for it and everything, they drive them all up and down the trail, cleaning as they go. I've seen it a few times, the kids are all pissy, it's hysterical. Not like I was an angel as a kid, but it's not me so :lmao:. They didn't have them paint over this one...

Brad
July 27th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Nice! :thumb:

Jim
July 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Send'n a message... Sweet

FWIW, many communities have "graffiti hotlines" (and mobile apps to send a photo with a possible GPS location) where it's easy to report a location of graffiti and other nuisance junk (stickers on sign faces, mattresses along the roadside...).

Fort Collins has one as did my prior home city. I'm amazed at how quickly some items get cleaned up (sometimes power washed off instead of painted over).

Hint: It'd be nice if more folks would use their city's graffiti hotline...

Heather
July 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM
That's awesome, ha! :lmao:

I just used Denver's graffiti hotline last month, to get some red writing removed from the sidewalk in front of our building. The lady I spoke with said it could take a week - I swear it was gone later the same day. Pretty cool, and free.

Coonburger
July 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
theres a graffiti hotline whats the digits we get gang tags over this way time to time