PDA

View Full Version : Front Range Poll

Chris
August 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
I saw this elsewhere and thought it would be interesting here.

96blkbeauty
August 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Its a mixture of things for me....

But I chose that I get worried about busting up my truck. My Bronco already needs work, and IMO is in no condition to do any wheeling. It has been this way for the last year or two. I have no place to work on it currently (live in an apartment) and honestly am losing desire to fix it up. When I bought my Ranger I thought i'd keep it pretty much stock and dump money into my Bronco...but I gained an immediate interest in modding the Ranger....so all my money has been going into it in the past year. I'm also afraid to do any wheeling in it because its still in great condition and I don't want to bust anything up on it.

I've tried selling the Bronco in the past...but couldn't get what I wanted for it. I decided to hold onto it and fix it up and enjoy it rather then get a few g's for it. Well...that was well over a year ago and it is still broken...nothing has changed. I either need to just fix it and enjoy it or get rid of it. A buddy of mine just recently moved home from Montana. At the moment he is unemployed and is willing to do the ball joints, drag link, water pump, brakes, exc over his place. I'm on the fence on if I should do it or not....and just sell it the way it is.

I'm also looking to get into a house after my lease is up in 7 months so the extra cash if I sold it would help. But on the other hand i'd love to finally have a garage and be able to make these repairs on my own.

Way too many thoughts going through my head. End rant LOL

Patrolman
August 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Work, family, moving, etc. I don't get out nearly as much. I used to make 1-2 multi-day trips a year and several one-day trips a year. Have only been going about 1 or 2 times a year. Hoping to make an extended trip this Fall though. Keeping fingers crossed.

Java
August 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Work over everything else lately. It's been a ****** up year, lots of medical and house debt out of nowhere, so as they say "make hay while the sun shines". I just keep counting down to Moab...

Brad
August 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
I have been a unemployment funk. More money going out than coming in. I am starting to close the gap! :thumb:

Really looking forward to Moab!

Aaron
August 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I've been having an absolutely blast ATVing, camping, fishing all summer long. Do I still love wheeling, yeah! But my interests have definitely gotten broader.

ColoJeeper
August 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Getting out wheeling some...but spending a lot of time in the Challenger and on the motorcycle too....

Hypoid
August 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM
This poll needs to have more than one possible choice.

Robert B
August 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM
i had to hit none of the above lol ........since mines just waiting on time to get my truck fixed but its in the works now!!!! now once my parts get here from the brown truck then i will be set to go again!

AccordRanger
August 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Im in the same boat as Robert. But my goal is to have my rig back on the road this month!

Heather
August 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Wheeling about as much as last year - meaning almost every weekend. It's the only way to get the kids off the electronics! :lmao: This year, I have two four-day weekends coming up - so it'll be wheeling with camping for the first time - can't wait!

Rob
August 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
So far this year, about the same as last year. Whether that holds up depends on factors like job, keeping the 40 running and others.

xaza
August 3rd, 2012, 06:25 AM
I started off the year good, wheelin more than in the past couple years. Mostly because each of the last 2 years I was replacing a motor in my Jeeps. Don't much like wheelin when it is my DD. Been slacking a bit the last month due to so much going on and tracking down my death wobble. By the end of the season I am hoping to have gotten out more than previous couple years.

Chris
August 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
This poll needs to have more than one possible choice.

Not possible Mike, I added "other" if that helps.

pictaker
August 3rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Traveling with work has put the kabash on a lot of my wheeling this year, this whole work thing seems really overrated :cool:

Chris
August 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
It is David, trust me it's far overrated! :D

Native ZJ
August 3rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
I have a new baby at home this year and the truck could use some hard to find cash but the wife was pregnant last season so really it less than two years ago because that's the last year I went regularly

dannanw
August 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Kids health not good, and working 60+ hrs a week, and I need a trailer to put the jeep on, and jeep aint totally done... All equals not much wheeling.

Hypoid
August 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Not possible Mike, I added "other" if that helps.Four of those apply to me. Although it won't fix everything in my life, I chose money just to get on the board.

Jackie
August 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I wheeled more this year than last year to be sure because last summer sucked in so many ways. But I will make a strange confession...

I had the time of my life wheeling with some of the best people on this forum in Moab this past Spring. They ran more trails than me, but I participated in 3 big ones: Fin-n-Things, Top of the World and Poison Spider. I could not have done any of them without the help I received from our group.

I know now that I do not have any desire to do anything more difficult than that. I guess that's a good thing because it means I don't need to modify my Jeep. (It did just fine as-is).

I feel no rush to go do anything more serious. I really love beautiful trails that offer a good view and I really like it better when I'm not scared to death of wrecking my Jeep or getting me and my passengers hurt. (But I still like a bit of a challenge and learning the tehniques).

CS79bronco
August 4th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I have done about like last year so far, not nearly as much as I had hoped to do. But the season has a long way to go, so maybe....

Andrew
August 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I haven't gone yet this year. Mainly because I've been trying to fix stuff. Should be fixed this week, hope to get out sometime soon. Just busy with lots of things....mainly lots of my wife's things lol.

BLOODBANE
August 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Ive been wrenching on the ZUK, to get it partially ready for a week long run coming up over in the Gunnison area. Ive done a few trails so far, and hopefully will get back to half moon to run the right side fork. I voted more, and unless I really break something on the ZUK it should be true.

gm4x4lover
August 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Less, new job and lost my vacation time. My wife started working and my schedule is very inconsistent. Plus we have been trying to hammer out our debt.

SCRubicon
August 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
My work schedule eats into most weekend wheeling trips. (some other interests crept in the door too) I hope to make up for it in Moab around October. I'd like to go out for two weeks or maybe longer.

Red Rhino
August 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Much less for me. I have started my new automotive and fabracation business. I just finished building my new shop building, I did all the construction myself. I plan to do a lot more wheeling next year.

Bryan

Rick
August 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I go when I can......Since I got the truck it just makes it easier to go,,,,,not so worried about killing by daily driver

Cr33p3r
August 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
For me it is most of the above, since finishing the truck it is having a issue with the dual batteries going dead, will have to look into it one of these days. Funny how I switched my days off ($500/month pay cut) to get out and wheel more with everyone and I still have not gone yet this year, well I suppose I could say I got the new car off the pavement and onto dirt roads while checking out property. The '57 is taking up most of my time these days.

gm4x4lover
August 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM
And now we just signed on a house with property so I doubt I will get out the rest of the summer.

dr350jja
August 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
In looking at this poll, it seems that the amount of wheeling being done this year is way down. Only 23% indicate they're wheeling as much as last year.

Chris
August 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah, that's what it's showing. I suspect it would be lower if everyone participated in the poll. :frown:

sunk
August 16th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I had to look at all the options carefully, and I hate my response. I have been running on my spare all year, and I guess Im worried about a blow out on the trail. The worst thing about it is a spare could be really cheap.

ColoJeeper
August 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
What size of tire are you needing?

SCRubicon
August 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM
In looking at this poll, it seems that the amount of wheeling being done this year is way down. Only 23% indicate they're wheeling as much as last year.

Yeah, that's what it's showing. I suspect it would be lower if everyone participated in the poll. :frown:

I think 2013 will be a better wheeling year for me. 12 has been a strange/hectic one for sure. Goofy work schedule to boot.

Fordguy77
August 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Ive been home a total of 6 weeks this year. Works not really allowing for much these days. But at least itll help with my house purchase coming this spring =)

dr350jja
December 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I think the lousy economy has a lot to do with the amount of wheeling we all do (or don't do). With the current price of gas, these last 4 years, it's a major part of the expense to go wheeling. For me, it adds about $50 cost to take a trip of a couple hundred miles, which is not uncommon when I go out wheeling. Being in Aurora, I'm 25 - 30 miles just to GET to the foothills. Sadly, it's not looking like things will get better any time soon. :frown:

The StRanger
December 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Spendin so much time work on other rigs.
Havent Wheeled yet this year, Best I did has Caravan for Kids...