PDA

View Full Version : Rough Country Customer Service

Java
September 17th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Having a small issue with RC, I bought my suspension in 2010 and they don't have a record of me for warranty service (leaking shock). They apparently delete customers after 1 year from their records?? I've seen all over the web where this has happenned before with the 2.2 shocks and they warranty it for life, but since I don't have my reciept from a phone purchase they want proof that I bought it new. I am posting pics here for them to see as per my conversation with them on the phone (they've been really nice so far), hoping I won't have to jump through too many hoops to get a $40.00 shock warrantied...

so here it is, new in the box on my garage floor.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/196719_1949008888347_4525471_n.jpg

old spring next to new, and the shock still in the wrapper behind it
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/197138_1949011048401_4027371_n.jpg

installed, the actual shock in question. Tires are 31s.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/198570_1949012488437_6139043_n.jpg

and finally the literature that came with it, including the stickers for the shocks still in the bag. I don't have a receipt because I ordered it over the phone, although I'm sure they included something in the box that I didn't hold on to. I hope this is enough to convince them to cover it!

Aaron
September 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I've always had great luck with their customer service (if not always with their products). I'm sure they will buck up and take care of this.

Java
September 17th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I hope so, they've been good so far. I am the original purchaser, and I am entitled to a replacement, but I'malso responsible to keep the right documents so I will just accept whatever they come up with. Hopefully karma will take care if it! If they won't honor the warranty I'll ask for a deal on a replacement, I've been really happy witht he kit and would totally buy it again. They emailed me and asked for a pic of the bad shock which I sent, but I wiped it offf when I found it covered in oil so the pic doesn't show too much. IDK what will happen, but they are working with me so far.

Java
September 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
RC FTW! They're sending me a new shock. :thumb: Gotta say they've been great, I'd buy from them again anyday. Must be my day today, I met a guy near my house putting a SYE into his LJ by the curb with the OEM rear driveshaft sitting off to the side, bought it from him for $10.00, it's in good shape with Spicer joints. Guess I should go buy a lottery ticket too!

Hypoid
September 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Way cool!!! :thumb:

Java
September 20th, 2012, 04:39 PM
new shock arrived today and is installed, RC has been awesome. While I was at it I decided to swap my brand new spare serpentine belt for my existing one that is showing it's age, but fine for a spare, and found out that the parts store gave me the wrong one. Couldn't really check it without pulling the old one, so I had no idea. Went and picked up a new one, REALLY glad I found that out in my garage instead of on a trail!!!!! I'm pretty lucky, I've been carrying it all summer as my spare...

Brad
September 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Nice! :thumb:

ctracy5
September 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Its good to here that, migli is looking at their lift for his 4runner so it is nice to here that they stand by their products.