PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cone - Saturday Oct 13th?

trailfiend
September 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I've wanted to go further up on Twin Cone ever since I had my 2wd Ranger and found it... Now I've got the ability, and would like to go see what it has in store! Or just get out and do some trails that Saturday.

Is anyone interested? Anyone who's done it before feel like leading?

otisdog
September 25th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I might be - but it's my understanding that they graded Twin Cone and pretty much turned it into a dirt road.
My avatar pic is on Twin Cone.
Jim

Rick
September 25th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'll be hunting,but we were talking about some snow runs this year.

trailfiend
September 25th, 2012, 07:42 AM
That sounds like a great use of a road crew's time... I'll try to find out if it's still worth running or not, but either way I'm open to other options.

Tom
September 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Can't make it but in response to Jim and the grading from Bushducks:
"COMMENTS:
6/5/12 - Yes - dry all the way to the summit. I believe it was mentioned last year, but the trail has been graded all the way to timberline. Above timberline, the last portion of the trail to the summit is still rocky and may give stock 4x4s a problem. There are still a couple of rocky play areas on the trail but they are now completely optional.
6/3/12 - Open all the way. Grated last year. Up to timberline is now easy, all opsticles were destroyed and put to the side. At timberline to the radio tower is still difficult with the last 100 yards requiring a lift, better tires, and skids at a min. No more then 3 vehicles at the top. "

otisdog
September 25th, 2012, 07:52 AM
It might still be worthwhile.
Jim

trailfiend
September 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Found a couple of reports of all the rocks and obstacles being moved indeed....

Crooked Creek is just down the road and looks pretty cool.. Any suggestions?

otisdog
September 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Crooked Creek looks to be pretty tame. Have heard some good stuff about Geneva Creek which is down in that area. I've never done it.
Don't pay no mind to me though because I'm not even sure if I can go.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=271
Jim

Brad
September 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
The view at the top of twin cone is worth the view. My avatar is from there as well. Was a very fun trail prior to the grating, I would call it a quick stop point on the way to another trail now.