PDA

View Full Version : Coney Flats &MSV Oct 6

Cr33p3r
October 1st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Coney info;
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15 (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15)

St.Vrain info;
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18 (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18)

Meeting place Beaver Resivoir Road On the left side of Highway 72, Since there maybe folks coming from both north and south. Time 11am

If the folks in the south have an idea where to meet up post it up.

Chris
October 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Sean, please add this to the calendar too, thanks!

Rob
October 2nd, 2012, 11:35 PM
Meeting place Beaver Resivoir Road On the left side of Highway 72, Since there maybe folks coming from both north and south. Time 11am

Are you planning to run Coney first?

Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Are you going Rob? I'm pretty sure I'll make this one? Anyone besides Sean going?

Hypoid
October 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
I am still groveling...but she has not said "no." :)

Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Remember the old saying Mike "It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" :lmao:

See you there!

Rick
October 3rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
dont meet in front of the Hardware store.That lady HATES 4x4's

Rob
October 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Are you going Rob? I'm pretty sure I'll make this one? Anyone besides Sean going?

I"ll be there.

Rob
October 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Is this on the calendar yet? Is there a new way to post a run, Chris?

Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
I think I will be, spent the last week with a crappy virus and taking care of the grandkids who were sick. I think I'm good now and Barb appears to be escaping it. Another day or so and I'll know for sure.

Attending: Sean, Rob

Rob
October 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Sounds like Jim will be there, too, with his new "farkle." :eek:

Rick
October 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
put me as a maybe...if Spring Creek has snow on it Ill go with you guys as I haven't heard a lot of interest on Spring Creek anyway...

Jim
October 3rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
I should be there - the rear driveshaft is out as I'm preventative maint replacing the three U-joints in it. It _should_ be ready by Sat.

FWIW, yes, the lady at the hardware store HATES 4x4's. I've been eyeing the first gas station ON THE "RIGHT" as a potential meet spot. It has way more parking space than the typical Diamond Shamrock with a bonus in that it's a "right turn out" when leaving - so no crossing lanes of traffic for a group. The location is Sean's call though.

Farkles are Good!

Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Is this on the calendar yet? Is there a new way to post a run, Chris?

It's on the calendar Rob, the RSVP is gone though. Didn't you see it on the top of the page? Yellow box...

Planned Front Range 4x4 Trail Runs for the Next 30 Days.
Spring creek 10/6/12: October 6th, 2012 Coney Flats & MSV: October 6th, 2012

Is the meeting place by the usual one?

EDIT - I just noticed Sean linked the planning thread to the calendar so I added a link to this thread.

Rob
October 3rd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Jim, if you want to meet in Lyons at 10, that works for me.

Jim
October 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Jim, if you want to meet in Lyons at 10, that works for me.

If I get it put together to go, sure, I could... but, hasn't Sean stated a meeting place & time? I poked about a bit but didn't see anything.

Chris
October 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Please test the RSVP run titled "Please Test This!: October 5th, 2012" I think I have it working which would be good!

ColoJeeper
October 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I'm going to try to be there....

Mr6dwg
October 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I don't know what I will be doing this weekend , for sure. I might be in a position to go. I didn't want to put my name on the list without knowing for sure. If I go, I will be there. If you don't see me, then it is my loss.

Chris
October 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I'm in, Rob can we meet in Lyons so I don't get lost? I don't know where Sean's meeting place is...

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I dont know Seans meeting place either, so ill meet at the trail head or in Lyons

Chris
October 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I dont know Seans meeting place either, so ill meet at the trail head or in Lyons

What time would we meet in Lyons? That would be in the hardware store parking lot next to the gas station, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cr33p3r
October 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sorry guys I have had a lot of family stuff going on as well as truck issues and have not had a chance to really look up a meeting place. But if all of you from the Denver area want to meet up at my house and go from there we can do that. Every way I try to plot out a route it is looking like a minimum of 2 hours from my house to the turn off for the Beaver Reservoir road leading up to the trails.

Looks like fastest route from home is to go up Coal Creek Canyon, 2hrs. 12 minutes 70.2 miles.
PMing you all with my Phone # and address if you want to meet up at the house.

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
the Gas station next to the Hardware store is fine, DON'T park at the hardware store, she'll call the cops(Seriously) Say meet at 10am

Cr33p3r
October 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I tried to send pms to a few of you guys but you are out of inbox space to receive it; Hypoid, Pops garage; and ColoJeepers.

Here is a map of the Beaver Reservoir area the turn off for it os on the west side of Highway 72

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/coney_flats/maps/map_big.gif

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Meeting place: Diamond Shamrock station near Lyons: Address is 4206 Ute Highway (Colo. Highway 66), just after U.S. 36 on the left around the curve.

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
which trail are you planning 1st?

Cr33p3r
October 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Coney is closest to Beaver reservoir so we can hit it first

Jim
October 4th, 2012, 02:04 PM
So, we have three meet locations in play?

1) Sean's house
2) Coney Flats trailhead
3) Diamond Shamrock in Lyons

Having three is fine by me. My question is what times are we listing for each of them? The trailhead meet time is perhaps the most important and the House/Lyons times extrapolate back from the trailhead time.

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Im good with the Lake,I said Lyons but that was before I knew we were doing Coney 1st. Im going to come up the back way going through Rollinsville,Ill be there around 1030

Chris
October 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
the Gas station next to the Hardware store is fine, DON'T park at the hardware store, she'll call the cops(Seriously) Say meet at 10am

I was kidding Rick though I've never had anyone say anything. I'll stick with Diamond Shamrock in Lyons, I think Rob has to pass that way from Longmont.

Max
October 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
You guys should decide on which trailhead you are all meeting at since there are people coming from different directions.

The traditional way to run this trail is MSV, then exit on Coney Flats.

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I agree..... Can we start over???? I like going up hill

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I will meet Rob and Chris at the Diamond Shamrock in Lyons....Thats my final answer

Rob
October 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
The traditional way to run this trail is MSV, then exit on Coney Flats.

And the best way, as well. The stretch of Coney from the rock garden down to MSV is one-way. We'd be going downhill, which means anyone coming up would have the right of way. I would not like to have to back up that hill.

Sean, how about we who are meeting in Lyons meet you at Camp Dick at 11?

Hypoid
October 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM
:confused: I've run this trail only once, starting in Camp Dick.

I think she's letting me twist. :D

Rick
October 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
And the best way, as well. The stretch of Coney from the rock garden down to MSV is one-way. We'd be going downhill, which means anyone coming up would have the right of way. I would not like to have to back up that hill.

Sean, how about we who are meeting in Lyons meet you at Camp Dick at 11?

I also thought it was kinda a one way trail.

Cr33p3r
October 5th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Okay scratch everything up to this point!

Meeting place: Diamond Shamrock station near Lyons: Address is 4206 Ute Highway (Colo. Highway 66), just after U.S. 36 on the left around the curve. 10-10:30 then on upto camp dick and MSV from there. Since this is my first time running these two trails I did not find anything that states either trail is one way but we will do MSV then Coney and like Rob pointed out it is up hill that way which is better. Everyone ok and know what and where we are doing it? LOL!!!! See ya Saturday in Lyons!!!

Rick
October 5th, 2012, 07:07 AM
:lmao::thumb: cya around 10-1030 at diamond shamrock

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Sean, you should RSVP too and drag Hypoid out with you Saturday morning. :D

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Sean, you should RSVP too and drag Hypoid out with you Saturday morning. :DI gots permission, but I don't see the button to RSVP.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I gots permission, but I don't see the button to RSVP.

Top of the page - yellow box - click the run name

Look forward to seeing you run something other than Saxon!

Just remembered you have an old & slow 'puter so you may need this: RSVP (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=501&day=2012-10-6&c=1)

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
All I see is a button to start a new trail run.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Damn!

Fixed it!

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Damn! RSVPs are closed...

:D

I'll have an open seat.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Geez, I've never even seen them closed before. :frown:

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Damn! RSVPs are closed...

Fixed it again Mike, care to see what else I missed? :lmao:

Jim
October 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM

I gotta say, with the rebuilds, you likely now have a fairly solid checklist of items to reset/change after a reload.

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 07:30 PM

I'll get to that. :D

I talked to popsgarage earlier, he's had a full week. If he feels up to the ride along, he knows he has an open seat.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I gotta say, with the rebuilds, you likely now have a fairly solid checklist of items to reset/change after a reload.

:lmao: You'd think so but I'm eliminating anything that may be a back door for the bad guys. I'm hoping I have those all dealt with now because I hate doing stuff over and over.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I'll get to that. :D

I talked to popsgarage earlier, he's had a full week. If he feels up to the ride along, he knows he has an open seat.

No hurry Mike, if it gives you any more trouble I may start blaming you. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should bring Jon's stickers if they haven't gotten lost or destroyed in my garage.

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Bring-em if you can find them. It's about a 10 minute drive to Jon's house.

Popsgarage
October 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm out, guys, sorry. It's been a helluva week. 48 hours up in Aspen and 13 and 1/2 today. My butts dragin. Just got home and logged in to tell ya. Sean, giver hell and here's to havin' a great run with no issues. Thanks for sendin' the stickers with either Mike or Sean.

Jim
October 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Drive shaft's back in. Yet to tend a couple chafing lines with some reinforcement then to head out for a short ride tonight to see if it's good at highway speed. Will know more in an hour or so.

ColoJeeper
October 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Not going to make it....got too much to do tomorrow...

Jim
October 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'll be there - Lyons at the DS between 10/1030!

Cr33p3r
October 6th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sadly I am going to have to miss this as I pulled some muscles in my back @ work tonight and it is really bothering my bulged disc. That is why I am home already I just took a couple muscle relaxers and a pain pills, hopefully it will loosen up! Hope you guys get to enjoy the ride and everybody be safe!

Hypoid
October 6th, 2012, 06:56 AM
That's it!!! I'm gonna pout! If you see pictures of me on the trail with a BSEG, I am pouting. :frown:

Rest up and take care, Sean.

Jim
October 6th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Bummer - heal well

Chris
October 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I just took a couple muscle relaxers and a pain pills

Sorry to hear that Sean, a bit of advice from a guy with 3 bad discs - take an anti-inflammatory (Aleve/Naproxen) and keep moving. It's helped me for the last 30-40 years. :thumb:

Cr33p3r
October 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
thanks guys, Chris I am on Mobic (anti-inflammatory) now and seeing how that works, it is a daily dose that is supposed to last 24hrs and been on it now for a week, hopefully it will help, just need to get it built up in my system.

Chris
October 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good to hear Sean, I use Naproxen (old and cheap) which keeps me mobile. :thumb: