PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Pete Brody

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry I have to share with all of you that I just heard from LaDawn and she informed me that Pete took his life yesterday.

I'm sure all of us who considered Pete a friend will be as sad as I am to hear of his passing.

Goodbye my friend...

Hypoid
October 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Damn... Adios Pete.

Serious Offroad
October 5th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Traded PM's a few times and talked to him briefly on Chinaman's once.

My condolences to his friends and family.

BLUE THUNDER
October 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Wow, that's to bad. Sorry to hear that.

Brad
October 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Wow, that is a real shocker. RIP Pete. You will be missed.

Rob
October 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM
So very sad. Pete will be missed, by me and by so many others.

Popsgarage
October 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
R.I.P. Pete!

scout man
October 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Wow, that caught me off guard. It is no secret that Pete and I butted heads quite a bit, but he also helped me out a lot and I learned a lot from him. I am really sorry to hear about this. Condolences to LaDawn also.

Rick
October 5th, 2012, 10:05 PM
all I can i think is wow.....Wheeled with him at Wheeler and been to his home a few times.Great guy who will be missed. sorry to hear

Max
October 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
WHAT THE ****? :frown: My heart just stopped when I read that.

That makes me really sad. He was very nice and helped me more than once. Wow...

dr350jja
October 5th, 2012, 10:23 PM
this is a total shock...never would have expected that.

Jim
October 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM
My condolences to LaDawn and family.

Quite sad news to hear. I enjoyed talking with him while he tended issues on the Jeep.

He wore his thoughts and opinion on his shirt sleeve.

Jim
October 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Any news if there will be services in the area?

ColoJeeper
October 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM
R.I.P. Pete.... my condolences to the family as well.

Chris
October 5th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Any news if there will be services in the area?

I'll share anything I learn...

Pathrat
October 5th, 2012, 11:34 PM
no. this is horrible and makes me so very sad. dammit Pete.

Talus
October 5th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Very sad news. I haven't been as involved in the group as I would like to (I have had my own serious family illness issues to deal with this year) but really appreciate Pete's input on a few of my posts on here. My prayers will go out to his family and friends in this difficult time.

otisdog
October 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
What a shock. I only met him once on a run last year. Is there any idea on why he got to this point? Maybe something I don't know about?
Jim

Cr33p3r
October 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
RIP Pete, I enjoyed the times we worked together on a few of the rigs past and present on the site. Our Condolences to LaDawn.

glacierpaul
October 6th, 2012, 07:15 AM
The wife and I are in total shock! Have not been on the site in a long time and return to this news:frown: Rest in Piece my friend!! You will always be remembered by our family, thanks to you we did Wheeler Lake, one of the best 4x4 trips we have ever done! Pete is in my avatar helping spot me over the "flopper", thanks Pete, you will be missed tremendously!!
Our thoughts and prayers to LaDawn, friends and family of Mr. Pete Brody, one of the coolest guys I have ever met and had the pleasure of his company!!

glacierpaul
October 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
You will be greatly missed Pete!!

Java
October 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Pete. that is so sad. Such a cool, interesting guy, especially in person. Whatever choices he was facing I hope this was the best one for him. The don't make men like Pete anymore. See you on the other side, brother.

Funrover
October 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Man this is horrible news. He will be missed. My heart goes out to LaDawn. When you find out about the services please let us know.

RidgeRunner
October 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Wow, I am shocked. I always enjoyed talking with Pete on runs or just B.S.ing at his house while picking up parts. You will be missed, RIP.

Patrolman
October 6th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Such a tragedy. You will certainly be missed. RIP Pete. Our condolences to LaDawn.

CR
October 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Wow!
Pete you will be truly missed.
R.I.P.

Jackie
October 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Nooo. Damnit, Pete. Why?

Pete will be missed. He had a lot of knowledge, skill and genuine concern to share with a lot of people. My condolences to LaDawn and everyone here. I too would like to know about the services.

ctracy5
October 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I never got to meet Pete in person but he was always a really cool helpful person on the forum. R.I.P. Pete.

AccordRanger
October 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, just wow. RIP Pete! I only got to meet you once but you were a great guy!

Jackie
October 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I'd like to have some flowers delivered to LaDawn on behalf of frontrange4x4. Would that be appropriate??? Can someone please PM me with her last name and address?

Metalhed
October 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Shocking
Godspeed

GaryG
October 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Oh Man!

Pathrat
October 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
The wife and I are in total shock! Have not been on the site in a long time and return to this news:frown: Rest in Piece my friend!! You will always be remembered by our family, thanks to you we did Wheeler Lake, one of the best 4x4 trips we have ever done! Pete is in my avatar helping spot me over the "flopper", thanks Pete, you will be missed tremendously!!
Our thoughts and prayers to LaDawn, friends and family of Mr. Pete Brody, one of the coolest guys I have ever met and had the pleasure of his company!!

thank you, you said what some of what I wanted to say but words are still failing me right now.

Pathrat
October 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Jackie, I will be bringing something by the house tomorrow. Whether food or flowers or both, I am not sure yet. I can bring flowers by from everyone.

Jackie
October 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Thanks Stephanie. As I have never met LaDawn, I thought I would just have a florist deliver on behalf of all of us. But if you would rather deliver in person, I will be happy to fund the $$ for the flowers.

Tom
October 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I didn't know him. Sounds like I'm lesser for the lack there of. :frown:

4runner freak
October 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Wow! I am shocked.
What a huge loss for LaDawn, this Forum and myself.
Pete has always been a great help with any questions and always willing to lead a helping hand or teach some of his extensive knowledge.

Pete you will be missed.

LaDawn, please let us all know if there is anything that we can help with or just be a support to you.

SCRubicon
October 6th, 2012, 04:31 PM
This is how I will always remember Pete Brody - helmet down and making sparks fly! He was the person who inspired me to pick up the torch and try my hand at welding. One of the things he said to me that stuck, "It doesn't have to be pretty, just strong. We can fix ugly with the grinder." I'm going to miss his tilted sense of humor. Give em' hell on the other side Pete!!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/RubiBumpers1/Pete.jpg

CS79bronco
October 6th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear this. I never got to meet Pete in person, just PMs & on the phone a couple times while he was selling off his stuff. I read lots of his helpful posts and advice and he was a great help to so many on FR. You will be missed Pete. RIP. Condolences & prayers to LaDawn & all the family & friends.

KnuckleHead
October 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
R.I.P brotha....... what a shock is all I can say......

transplant87
October 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Pete was a great guy and all around joker. He will be missed

foxtrot
October 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
wow, R.I.P Pete, you will be missed by many. had a lot of good times with you, and always enjoyed talking. you definitely left your mark on this Earth.

Funrover
October 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM
wow, R.I.P Pete, you will be missed by many. had a lot of good times with you, and always enjoyed talking. you definitely left your mark on this Earth.

XBillion. I will miss all times we talked, stories shared and time spent. I am sad that I will never be able to go hang out with him again.

LaDawn if you are reading this please call Jessica and I for anything. We are here if you need it!

southpaws3
October 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
our condolences LaDawn from ours to yours call if you need anything.:GroupHug:
Pete-thanks for everything:brody:

Flyer
October 6th, 2012, 10:45 PM
My God, this is so tragic and sad! Wish it didn't have to come to this....he must have been in such despair. Thanks for the help, Pete. R.I.P.

BlackRubi
October 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Honestly, he was the last person that I could see doing this. We'll miss ya, Pete!

RockyMtnHigh
October 7th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Honestly, he was the last person that I could see doing this.

Me too, I saw this yesterday and couldn't believe it, still having a little trouble with it. I figured if Pete went unnaturally, it would be from his skinny ass dangling from a side of a cliff rock/ice climbing. It's a complete shocker and I am sorry to hear it, my condolences to LaDawn!

Beefy
October 7th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Pete spent a lot of time under my rig. RIP Pete.

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BeefyBeefo/46DA864E-56A0-43D5-A236-85FECB1F447E-12364-0000104B6706893F.jpg

Geno
October 7th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Good bye my friend, may you find the peace you were looking for. Bless you LaDawn and condolences from me and my family to you.

Aaron
October 7th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Don't even know what to say. Pete always had my back. Miss you man.

Aaron

dr350jja
October 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
still can't believe this has happened! total shock!

sunk
October 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I am at loss for words. My condolences go out to ladawn

MelloYello
October 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
WTF! this is sad news. My condolences go out to everyone that Pete knew. I had the pleasure of going rock climbing with him earlier in the year. He also built me a few great skids for my rig. One thing can be said, love him or hate him, Pete will be remembered. r.i.p.

xaza
October 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Pete was an incredible and unique person. Only met him a couple times but it was enough for him to have an impact on me. I am in total shock that he would give up like that but I don't know what he was going through. My condolences to his friends and family. Also would like to know about any services or anything I might be able to do to help.

Pathrat
October 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Everyone is saying what I think. Pete helped teach me to drive, and about rig maintenance. He was always helpful and generous to me with his time and knowledge. I really enjoyed hanging out in his garage and just talking to him. Pete was a very interesting man with great stories. I will miss him. Already do.

Gossamer
October 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
So sorry to hear. Pete was a good man ! He did alot of work on my rig. RIP PETE...See you on the other side :(

Almighty Father, eternal God, hear our prayers for Your son Pete whom You have called from this life to Yourself. Grant him light, happiness, and peace. Let him pass in safety through the gates of death, and live forever with all Your saints in the light You promised to Abraham and to all his descendants in faith. Guard him from all harm and on that great day of resurrection and reward raise him up with all Your saints. Pardon his sins and give him eternal life in Your kingdom. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Patrolman
October 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Jackie, I will be bringing something by the house tomorrow. Whether food or flowers or both, I am not sure yet. I can bring flowers by from everyone.

Stephanie, let us know how much $ you need. Happy to give. Thanks for taking the initiative.

Coonburger
October 7th, 2012, 08:15 PM
My condolences to ladawn from me, my family , and monster rob. Was just told the news today definitely took me off guard.

gm4x4lover
October 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Goodbye pete, I will dearly miss you. Rip

carpenle
October 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My condolences to the family. I never had the pleasure to wheel with Pete, but it looks like we lost a great 4x4 member.

ShutUpHippie
October 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
R.I.P. Pete Brody
You will be missed by all. - Rob

96blkbeauty
October 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Definitely shocked. Sad news. Never met him, but he seemed like a great guy.

RIP

Squshiee1
October 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM
R.I.P Brody! You were the first one that i met, the first one to get me into 4 wheeling. You helped me with problems on my car and welded some sliders for me! i came to you for advise or even just a good laugh! I thought you were one of the coolest guys on the forum, especial when you wore wire ties on your head and you pretended to be an ailen! i always called you the youngest old fart i knew, and you would laugh every time. You were allways fun to be around and even my dad and brother thought you were a great, outstanding guy! R.I.P PETE! you will be missed by many!

94ToyBear
October 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear this, sorry Pete, R.I.P. thank you for coming to the cec car show.

Chris
October 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Also would like to know about any services

Yes but no date or details right now. LaDawn said it may not be until Spring and she's waiting on Pete's long-time climbing buddy CT to help her decide where. I will post details when I get them.

Jim
October 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I will post details when I get them.

Thanks, we'll be watching.

tonkatoy
October 8th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I don't even know what to say. This is loosing a good friend. Pete was the one that got me on to the forum in the first place. When he would come by my shop we would just sit and bs and pick each others brains. There will be a void in my shop with out Pete. There is a lot more I want to say but can't find the words. :frown:

upnover
October 9th, 2012, 12:27 AM
We will miss you Pete. R.I.P

Dirt Claude
October 9th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Very sad...you'll be missed by many Pete. R.I.P.

94ToyBear
October 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Yes but no date or details right now. LaDawn said it may not be until Spring and she's waiting on Pete's long-time climbing buddy CT to help her decide where. I will post details when I get them.

would you happend to know where the services would be? i Heard/ seen he moved out of town.

Chris
October 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
No info yet other than already mentioned but my best guess is somewhere in the mountains that's close to a climbing route he and CT established or was particularly fond of.

Meatloaf
October 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I just heard today. I worked with LaDawn to find my current house (She's a realitor). Met Pete a few times. Great guy, always willing to help people out. You will be missed by all who know you. :frown:

Roo
October 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
OMG! I am in shock to hear this! I met Pete and LaDawn on my first wheeling trip in CO. Definitely good people and I can't believe this news. I am sorry LaDawn and please let me know if I can do anything. R.I.P. my friend.

trailfiend
October 10th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I only had the opportunity to meet Brody once, shortly after I joined FR4x4. Just in talking to him for the 20~ minutes I did, I could sense that he was a man with incredible experiences behind him and great knowledge. I appreciated talking to him on here and had very much looked forward to getting to talk with him more about his mountaineering experience and hoped to learn from him. I never got the opportunity to wheel with him, and wish that I had.

I send my sincerest condolences to LaDawn and everyone who knew him well.

jdawg33
October 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM
What a shocker, I cannot believe it. Thank you for all your help Pete, you will be missed. My prayers go out for LaDawn.

95tacoma
October 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Rest in peace Brody, you will definitely be missed.

Kory
October 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Pete did work on my Jeep a few times and his work was always very good and he was always very meticulous. I also had the chance to wheel with him a few times also. I heard of the news last Saturday and I am shocked and deeply saddened by the news. Rest in peace Pete.

BillAllenJKU
October 11th, 2012, 11:56 PM
RIP Pete, sooo sorrry to hear

Newb Tourist
October 14th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry, I know I don't have many posts on this forum, but I may be able to offer some insight into all of this: I had the opportunity, on more than a few occasions, to have the great Pete Brody lend his expertise and skill to my horrible rusty 4Runner, and at one point we got to talking about a recent back injury I had sustained; it was then that Pete confided in me that he had experienced one FAR worse, and was in constant pain to this day as a result, painkillers offering very little comfort. I truly apologize if I am out of line here, but I feel that those of us that have had the grand experience of meeting this fine, fine man at one point or another are TRULY in need of some type of explanation, and I hope this post offers at least clues. That being said, I am deeply saddened by this news, and wish to express my most heartfelt condolences to LaDawn. For anyone organizing any type of arrangements, please pm me so that I may contribute! Will check this site daily from now on.

TNT
October 15th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Very tough news R.I.P. P. Brody

Biojeepr
October 17th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I had the privilege of meeting Pete once on the trail. We had some good chats about climbing, wheeling and other general randomness during the times we were stopped. He also gave me some great advice on welding, here on the forum. I always looked forward to reading his posts and replies on here. I wish I could have gotten to know him better. My heart goes out to his family and all his friends.

Buffalo
October 25th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I am sorry for the loss, I know this is a dificult time and I wanted to give my condolances (sp). I was ably to wheel with him at the second annual anniversary. At China wall and we had a great time just as shocked as every one else here to hear it. Sorry again.
Marc

pictaker
October 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I've been out of the loop for several weeks and when I get back this is what literally knocks me down. I'm so fortunate that I got to meet Pete on a number of occasions, he was always helping someone with something it seemed. I'm just in disbelief. I hope we can do something in his memory at the Anniversary Run next year!

Bunyon & Babe
November 13th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I also have not been on much lately and just saw this ............................ I am stunned , the tears are flowing , a fine,fine man who was so helpful to so many of us on this forum , so helpful to those of us who climb , and so patiently generous with his vast knowledge on so many subjects has left us .
Ladawn, I am so sorry, PLEASE let me know if I can do anything, I'm sorry I just found out . I'll try to e mail soon.
CT, I am so sorry , Bro , so sorry.

Rick
November 13th, 2012, 07:05 PM
still a shock

glacierpaul
November 15th, 2012, 07:38 AM
still a shock

X2!! Glad to see your post Jim!!

ColoRaider
November 30th, 2012, 09:21 PM
wow.... I only met Pete once, but he amazed me with his openness and willing to help. My thoughts go out to his family and all those who are struggling to deal with the situation. RIP Pete.

Native ZJ
December 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Condolences to his friend and family. I only had the pleasure once but he seamed like a good dude. RIP