PDA

View Full Version : November 10th Wheeling?

scout man
October 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I need to get to the mountains, and it looks like I finally have a weekend available! Anyone interested in some moderate to hard wheeling? I am thinking maybe Chinaman Gulch, but open to other options. Maybe Wheeler Lake? Which ever I can get at least a few others interested in. The scout is ready to go, and I plan to trailer it up there so I can have some fun without having to worry. Let me know if your interested and we can figure out some details!

Chinaman Gulch
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1

Wheeler Lake
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=40

Jackie
October 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
The Turkey run is that day...

scout man
October 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I know, and I will gladly buy a turkey for it, but that doesnt fill my Wheeling need, since it is not actually wheeling. I need to get to the mountains and have some fun, and I dont have a lot of chances to do that.

Jackie
October 29th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I hear ya! Have fun!

Rob
October 29th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Like to, but I'll be winging my way to Alabama on the 10th.

Robert B
October 29th, 2012, 07:59 PM
those trails are sooo far away lol should do saran wrap and eagle rock maybe ..... >.> since you were looking at one by B.V. but how hard a trail you thinking ???

scout man
October 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
far is a relative term. I am looking for something around the difficulty of chinamans, or wheeler lake! :D I need to get out on a good, full day wheeling trip. I havent made it out this year, and I am willing to travel for it. Eagle rock is too close and accessible on other days. I guess I will go where ever I can get folks to join me, but Eagle rock doesnt even seem worth trailering the scout too. And I hate driving that washboard road for miles in my scout!

Robert B
October 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
ya that road is kinda killer for my truck also :erm: ill take to some peeps and see if they want to join :)

scout man
October 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM
that would be awesome. I dont need a ton of people, but dont really want to go on that far/hard of a trip by myself either! I know I kind of missed the wheeling season here, but trying to squeeze in what I can!

Robert B
October 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
wheeling season is never over!! just cant do some trails at certain times of the year :) ill have too see if they want to go that far mainly lol long way to drive :D

Rick
October 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
wheeling season is never over!!X2!!!!!

Brad
October 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I want to soo bad but the new job has me working weekend nights so I have to be back at home by 4, that rules out the far trails for now.

Woodscaper
November 2nd, 2012, 08:35 PM
I will join you for this run, Are able to run on Sunday ?? I need to do some work on the Bronco first tho. before driving it that far. I will hopefully get it road trip worthy by then and will post up in the next few days if I will make it.

CS79bronco
November 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
My son is supposed to be home by mid-week & we might be able to do Chinamans or similar. I hope to talk to him tonight or tomorrow & I'll find out.

Robert B
November 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
i have to ask how bad is the boulder sections????? i have no sliders yet and i really dont want to hit my rockers i know i can do it i just dont want body damage :)

Rick
November 2nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
i have to ask how bad is the boulder sectionsI would recommend sliders!!!

Robert B
November 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
awwwww nuts

scout man
November 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
justin, i am really hoping for saturday over sunday. would love to have you though! i have a lot of free time this coming week if you need a hand.

i will post this as a confirmed run when i get back i town tomorrow. i do have one non-member joining us as well.

sliders are probably good or this trail, but then again, whats a little body damage hurt? :D

Jackie
November 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I'll be winging my way to Alabama on the 10th

Why Alabama? (Sorry about that). :)

Rob
November 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Why Alabama?

Visiting the parents, dutiful son that I am. ;)

scout man
November 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
this run is now posted in the planned section by the way, please comment there if you intend to come!

Woodscaper
November 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM
justin, i am really hoping for saturday over sunday. would love to have you though!

No worries Steve, My weekend is shot anyway. I'm now hosting my dads B-day get together on Sunday afternoon and a softball comitment on Saturday. Have a great time.

scout man
November 8th, 2012, 08:44 AM
its all good. Wish you could join, but sounds like there will still be plenty of other people on the trail that day. Have fun with your pops.