PDA

View Full Version : so what did you do to your rig 2012?

clownracer
January 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
and what are your plans 2013?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8084/8272915305_0531d7764e_z.jpg

k/n airfilter
spark plug wires
plugs
coil
waterpump
low temp thermostat
fuel filter
front hubs
wheel bearings
2500 calipers
pads
rotors
fuel filter
4x4 actuator
transfer case switch
starter
ignition switch
fuel pressure regulator
rims
tires

hopefully 2013 will bring
nv4500(next weekend)
cummins swap(summer)
SAS (fall)

Popsgarage
January 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM
Finally got the damn thing running and immediately started several other projects. Need to learn to finish one before I start another.

Coonburger
January 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM
bought a large stick of dynamite and this year ill blow the thing up lol

The StRanger
January 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Just kept the DD drivin... (front brakes & maint)
Ghosthunter (sam jr) got a 81 full size Bronco (& blew the motor)
Did a Krylon O/H, Still need to install
Replaced the engine in the DILs baby Blazer
Did a reseal on Wicked engine, didnt work (cracked heads)

Rob
January 1st, 2013, 10:15 PM
Modified the FJ Cruiser's front passenger side fender flare on a rock on Crystal Mountain, then removed it. :D

Nothing done to the FJ40, except for purchasing a set of third members with 4.10 gears. They're sitting in the garage, but they should go on this winter or spring, along with (I hope) a locker in the rear.

I did modify my wife's RAV4 to carry our Irish wolfhound to and from the dog park and Murdoch's (both girls' favorite store). That consisted of removing the rear seats and putting in netting (which originally was used to hold down stuff in the FJC) to keep Kyla from trying to get her 110 pounds into the front seat, along with a large rubber mat (from Murdoch's, of course) to keep the carpet from getting trashed.

The StRanger
January 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Well I did get some new canvas seat covers and the dual c/b antannas

CS79bronco
January 1st, 2013, 11:29 PM
Well, let me try to remember. :confused:
79 Bronco: moved from driveway to back yard, back to driveway, pulled gas tank, pushed into garage, covered & filled with parts, motor, tranny, junk, etc. For 2013: probably stay where it is. :frown:
86 Bronco: Cut out cargo floor, installed gas tank & skid plate even with frame rails, built enclosure for gas tank & filler tube, built front winch bumper, installed 12.5K winch, built rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, wheeled a few times, replaced twisted tranny cross member, installed two skid plates for tranny & t-case, dug a squirrels nest out from on the inner fender, rewired fuel pump relay(thanks to squirrels). :lmao: For 2013: build rollcage,rebuild spare carrier, wheel it more! :thumb:
95 Bronco: Replaced alternator bearings, replaced RF u-joint, replaced starter, picked up 7.5 (460) from machine shop,(ouch, pocketbook hurts), bought 10.5 rear axle I found lying on ground at Upull, installed rear tube bumper from Upull, replaced gas tank after hitting rock, made & installed skid plate for gas tank, wheeled a few times. :jiggy: For 2013: find a front Dana 60 & leaf springs & do SAS, install 10.5 rear with 4:10 gears & Detroit, shackle flip to level with front SAS, swap 5.0/M5OD/BW1356 for 7.5/ZF5/NP205, find new wheels & 37s, build rollcage, build rock sliders & install, go wheelin! :D

KFM1961
January 2nd, 2013, 01:51 AM
2012 - Parked the Tracker in the back driveway when I took a new job. Let the battery die, charged it. Moved it to the front driveway, let the battery die, charged it. Moved it to the back driveway. Collected parts for the straight axle swap. Letting those collect dust and dirt, then I'll clean and install them.
For 2013 I'm going to try to wheel the thing instead of just charging the battery!

xaza
January 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
2012, woooo hoooo I didn't have to change a motor this year!

98 Grand Cherokee - On back burner for 2012 after installing motor at the end of 2011. For 2013 would like to get intake manifold, exhaust and tuner installed. Want to make a pass at strip before gearing down to 4:10 gears and removing the lift kit.

94 Cherokee - Axle swap to Dana 44s with 4.88 gears and e-lockers. RE track bar and mounting bracket. Rusty's steering. For 2013, bumpers, skid plates, winch, bigger tires (still debating size/lift combos), frame stiffeners/exo cage, hood louviers. Hopefully will get electric fan conversion installed with new radiator. High power alternator/power invertor (big enough to run impact gun on trail). Lighting for night trails....pretty sure that will fill my year, but it's not my complete list.

01 Grand Cherokee - Remote start alarm, speakers. For 2013 - routine maintenance (wifes rig staying stock)

Hypoid
January 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
I decided to install the Brown Dog motor mounts I bought a couple years ago. Since I had to go there, I swapped over to the oil filter adapter used on newer Cherokees.

The result is less parasitic loss in the drive train, no rod clatter on startup. :)

Funrover
January 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Sadly all 2012 brought my rig was asphalt. concrete and very little dirt. In 2013 I am hoping to see trails!

96blkbeauty
January 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Bronco didn't get much...a new stereo and I found an original Eddie Bauer cargo cover on C-list for a great price so I picked it up.

Ranger got a bunch of mods...3 inch lift, 33x12.50 Duratracs, 15x8 MB72's, FX4 shifter and knob, FloPro dual exhaust, toolbox, silver topper, Yakima racks, LaSota tune, new stereo, amp, 2 12" Alpine subs, brushguard. Spent too much money LOL

ColoJeeper
January 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Modified the plug for the electrical hookup for the trailer on a small step in Moab this spring...
Added some minor pinstriping on a couple of other trails this year.

migli
January 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
new transmission and a cb radio and hooked up lights 2012.
2013 lift and sliders

Rick
January 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
drove it

Tom
January 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Purchased new 2012 Wrangler Sport
Added Bug Shield, CB Radio, Hi-lift jack, 2" lift kit, quick disconnects.

SpyderTrax wheel spacers
New 33's please!!!
Rock Sliders
air compressor.

Backcountryislife
January 3rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Bought a JKU rubi with bumpers, 2" OME lift, and winch

installed treadwright 35's
cut fenders with razor knife
installed 2x4 on gas pedal
got an ebay hood mount for my hi-lift, and my sprayers still work!
installed 5.13 gears
riddler diff covers
added 1.75" coil spacers to level front
got bilstein 5100's intended for a 3.5 lift for more flex
extended brake lines F&R
longer sway bar links

ColoJeeper
January 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
Had Pete build and install front and rear bumpers and rock rails on my 95 YJ...

ShutUpHippie
January 3rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
2012:
Let the battery die
took apart dash to fix gas gauge
burned about 2 tanks of fuel total
dripped oil in the parking lot..

2013:
put dash back together
Swing away tire carrier
Driver's front wheel bearing
Tires
Wheel :steer:

Aaron
January 3rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
2012 :Sold the Jeep and bought a truck. then sold the truck and bought a jeep :)
2012: who knows

scout man
January 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Hmm, lets see if I can remember -

water pump
drive shaft(s) (more than 2)
master cylinder
brake lines
relocated steering box
new suspension
transmission
transfer case
soft top
winch finally wired
new power steering pump, or two
alternator
fan
fan clutch
off road lights
re-welded tire carrier
bike carrier
water bottle carrier
re-shimmed body mounts so half doors would fit
winch motor

I know I am still missing some

2013 -
fuel injection
new tires
front locker, and maybe new rear locker

Cr33p3r
January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Finished the full size axle swap and steering then got to take it up in the hills twice before the ugly sticky white stuff fell from the heavens. Hoping to wheel it more this next season and we'll go from there about any further plans for the truck.

Backcountryislife
January 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
2012 :Sold the Jeep and bought a truck. then sold the truck and bought a jeep :)

What the? :D

Fordguy77
January 4th, 2013, 01:46 PM
2012 was a mixture of good and bad.

1970 F100: Fired up for the first time in a few years, and she got new tires, and is awaiting her new 390 and body restoration.

1972 Bronco: Sold to a good friend.

1977 F150: New motor, and in process 4spd swap. Pics coming Soon

1979 Bronco: Began the long process of parting it out

1984 4runner: Resealed the 22r, and began fixing suspension issues, as well as did a roll on paint-job.

1984 FJ60: Desmogged, then lost a head gasket. In Process of getting a rebuilt head, and complete new exhaust! No more stopping to pic it up off the trail.

1991 Ranger: Pretty much stripped bare, and going back together rater slowly. Waiting for my Front end to come back from camburg, and waiting on another motor, the first one we built the rings wouldn't wear in.

1998 Dakota: Kateys new rig, now sporting the 31's off the explorer. 5.2L Automatic Tow Package, Sport edition.

2000 Explorer: Transmission Explored and we decided to let her go. RIP @ YouPullNPay

2004 Ford Foci: Put on 45k Miles, One Alternator, And 2 Sets of tires, and had an incident with a badger :frown:

Needless to say i have too many projects, and never enough time.

Plans for 2013

Finally finish up my 1991 ranger, and have it replace my SVT foci as my daily driver like it used to be. However my ranger will now have a few goodies such as, a 4.0L build bored .020 over with a slight bump in compression, Headers with a 2.5" exhaust threw out, a Cam for Top End(more of a daily driver road trip car than offroader) Ported and Polished heads and intakes, bigger injectors, and a 4 way piggyback tuning chip. And then for suspension it has new higher capacity rear springs(1800# each), 1" shackle lift, Superlift Leveling kit, and extended raduis arms, and a Camburg Cut and Turned Dana 35 with manual hub conversion. And i also rebuilt the 5spd while i was at it, and converted to a BW1354m tcase, so no more shift to the fly issues.

On the FJ60 i would like to start my restomod plan on it, beginning with a SOA conversion, and maybe a fresh 2F to hold me off from the V8 conversion i want to do.

For the 4runner, id like to finishing addressing its basic reliability issues, complete my chevy leaf spring and ruf swap.

On the 77 id like to finish my swap, get the truck painted and get back to wheeling.

And many more plans of course, however im buying a house this year, so a lot of things may get put on hold.

BLOODBANE
January 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Started with this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/DSC01113.jpg
added this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Sami%20Build/DSC01202.jpg
and these...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Sami%20Build/DSC01203.jpg
put in some Dodge Neon seats a 6.5:1 transfercase, some nicer bumpers, a couple of KC on the wind sheild and eneded up with this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Sami%20Build/IMG-20120516-00002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Sami%20Build/DSC01632.jpg
Want to add something like these, but its would take some major work....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/BLOODBANE81230/Sami%20Build/DSC01641.jpg
(the Swamper is a 38)

CS79bronco
January 4th, 2013, 05:02 PM
No major work there, sawzall cuts Zuk metal easy. Might have to put a couple 2x4 blocks under the hood to raise it a lil' bit so you don't have to cut it too. lol

Rob
January 4th, 2013, 07:11 PM
had an incident with a badger

Get any pics, Chris? :)

Errinjan
January 4th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Finally hooked the ARB in the front axle
New rear D/S from Bill's Englewood Driveshaft-By far the best thing I've purchased in a long time.
Craiglist finds-
Poison Spider Rock Rails
Warn bumper and tire swing
rear corner guards-still sitting in the shed
Warn winch

glacierpaul
January 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
2011 JKUR
1) made 12 payments :)
2) custom front bumper w/ warn 9.5 cti-synthetic - Thanks John (SKINNY FABRICATIONS)!
3)goodyear kevlar M/T's, then onto Treadwrite Guard Dogs (on now)
4)and most importantly, put lots of wear and tear on the Jeep 4 wheelin' :)
1996 Ford F-350 Turbo Diesel
1) new (used) front bumper, huge thanks to Pete! (R.I.P.)
2) had a bunch of work done to the beast, runs like new again!
3) new Treadwright Guard Dogs, upsized them to 33"
1990 YJ
1) new driveshaft, thanks Bill! (Bills Englewood Drive Shafts)

Brad
January 5th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Lets see...

Terra firma expedition lift
Ram X-mount for iPad navigation
Front wheel bearings
CVT tent and awning
Camshaft and tappets (like heart surgery on a Disco)
Alternator x2
Kickdown cable with added heat resistant sleeve
Rear cargo anchors
Downpipe gaskets
Rear 12v outlet for future 12v fridge freezer

For 2013
12v fridge freezer
reseal power steering box
reseal center diff
new power steering line (already replaced the other)
new transmission cooler lines

Keeping it simple this year so I can get more wheeling in, spent a lot of 2012 broke due to unemployment, 2013 I am employed and want to get out more!

dr350jja
January 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Lets see...

...2013 I am employed and want to get out more!

That's a good thing, especially in this economy! Looking forward to wheeling with you this year (I need to get out more myself)

ctracy5
January 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Got new to me Aisin manual locking hubs, New Falken Rocky Mountain tires, custom made rear bumper, and custom sliders.

Java
January 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM
3 new dents, destroyed my softtop, knocked a lower control arm loose, broke an exhaust hanger, broke a marker light, broke a fog light mount, bent my front bumper and a friend pulled my passenger side visor hard enough to break it off the windshield. I also closed the hood on my glasses.

glacierpaul
January 7th, 2013, 05:23 AM
3 new dents, destroyed my softtop, knocked a lower control arm loose, broke an exhaust hanger, broke a marker light, broke a fog light mount, bent my front bumper and a friend pulled my passenger side visor hard enough to break it off the windshield. I also closed the hood on my glasses.
Damnit anyways :)

Pathrat
January 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
This mod is being carried over into 2013...new rear tail light assembly. The brake light will not work. This totally did not happen in a grocery store parking lot.

Brian
January 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
2012;
Made half doors
Made spare tire carrier
Swapped Pitman Arm
Rebuilt PS box (new seals mainly)
New brake booster
Went with a adjustable brake proportioning valve
Wired up some fog lights
New Red Top- previous one lasted 10 years:eek:
Wheeled more than I had the previous 5 years!:D

2013:
Reinforce bed under LPG tank (40 gal tank, I'm 100% LPG)
Fab up some some OBA
Look for radiator/cooling solution
Maybe a CB and or a new GPS unit

curt86iroc
January 24th, 2013, 08:00 PM
2012:
HD idler arm and frame brace
sliders
upper/lower ball joints
alignment :cool:

2013:
CB radio
auburn ECTED
...and lots of wheeling!!!

SCRubicon
February 7th, 2013, 06:55 PM
2012: Dented the sheet metal, crushed the rear bumper and tail pipe, broke the license plate bracket. Blew out another steering stabilizer a couple days ago. Installed taller springs.

2013: Will put on new rear bumper and license plate bracket. (I have them but I'm in no hurry) Steering stabilizer. (again, when I get around to it) 33's are in the works. Going to check out Farmington, NM.