PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to lift the trooper

ctracy5
January 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
hey guys I am finally getting the money together to lift my trooper but have some questions, main questions are about the shocks. I am doing a 3" lift and need to know what length I need my shocks to be. I am going with the Racho 9000xls so if anyone knows an actual part number even better. From what I can figure out the front I just run stock sizes so the RS999214 should be the right length ( extended at 14.5" collapsed at 10.37") but the back I need longer. On the Rancho site they recommend the RS999179 for stock - +1 vehicles (extended at 22.37" and collapsed at 14") so if I am think correctly I should be looking for a shock that is about 24" extended right? Also it should have a stud upper mount and eyelet lower mount?

Off this topic I am also looking into steering stabilizers any opinions, I am looking at the Calmini, Procomp, and Rancho.

I am planning on using mostly parts from Indy 4x already. Here is what I am thinking about doing hopefully with Tax money (if I get enough, or any back this year)

Step one: - ISUZU 3" LEAF LIFT (No Shocks) https://www.independent4x.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=1_12_23_37&products_id=16
- See if Matt will let me upgrade to the full replacement OME springs instead of the Add-a-leafs
- Indy 4x torsion bars

This is about the most bare bones way to start my lift process I want to go (around $820 before shipping). When I get more money together I will do the shocks, tie rods, and steering stabilizers.

The shocks are about the most expensive part of the lift at like 105 each so that is why I am trying to figure out what length I need to try and get them cheaper

Let me know what you guys think about his plan

scout man
January 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
1. I have a large stock of brand new shocks in my garage. Once you figure out the measurements you need let me know and I will see if I have anything that fits. Ill be much cheaper than any other option.

2. I also have an assortment of steering stabilizers if your interested. May or may not have the brackets you need to make them work.

Rick
January 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I have a large stock of brand new shocks in my garage.I may see if you have any that fit mine,I'll measure then get back to you

Patrolman
January 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Ouch. That isn't going to be cheap. I would go with some cheap shocks in the meantime, maybe from Scoutman if he has something. Personally, I put a 2" lift in my 4Runner with some used Rancho RS5000 shocks. It does the job pretty well. Only cost about $50 for the total gig, but of course, each vehicle is different.

scout man
January 6th, 2013, 02:35 PM
cool, just let me know what you need. I have about 50 pr of them in a wide range of sizes. Need to know which kind of ends are on the shocks you need too. If I dont see your response on this post go ahead an PM me.

ctracy5
January 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM
As far as I can tell on a stock trooper or stock +1 Rancho recommends the RS999179 which extended is 22.37" and collapsed is 14". So If I am thinking right I would want something about 1-2 inchs longer then that correct. I other thing I need to watch out for is that if the collapsed length is to long then the stock will bottom out before the suspension right so I don't want anything that is longer then 15" collapsed right?

Also it should have a stud upper mount and eyelet lower mount?

ctracy5
January 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM
If you have anything that will work for the rear let me know. I am looking for something inexpensive but still good because I will eventually swap them out for the Ranchos with the myride controller.

scout man
January 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM
looks like the tallest I have in the eye to stud category is 13.5 compressed to 23 extended. They are trailmaster invaders. $40 pair

ctracy5
January 6th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Those should work I will have money for those around the 17th I will pm you when I got the cash

scout man
January 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM
cool, just let me know