PDA

View Full Version : My goal

ctracy5
January 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
This guy has built basically the exact trooper that I want, 3" lift on 33"s and aussie lockers and everything even the bed liner for the lower body panels. The only real difference is he has the Isuzu 2.6 Inline 4 and a manual instead of my GM 2.8 V-6 auto (Until I drop my 3.4 in). I like my armor better though.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27912

Popsgarage
January 12th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Got a lot of work ahead of ya.

ctracy5
January 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
well I don't need the new frame, engine work, or 1/4 of the restore work his did, but the mods are about the same.

Popsgarage
January 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Still a bunch of stuff. Buckle down and giterdun! Chase has a pretty ambitious list as well. Gonna be a busy year!

ctracy5
January 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Yup just need the cash (like everyone else LOL) to get started. I was hoping that my Taxes would pay for my lift but now I am questioning that, oh well what can you do. I am still planning on having my lift done before China wall this year so I can show everyone.

glacierpaul
January 14th, 2013, 08:04 AM
That is one nice Isuzu! Good luck with your build, there are a lot of folks here who can help ya I bet:thumb:

Funrover
January 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Nice goal, that is a well built set up. Is frame rot that common on those IZ?

ctracy5
January 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Most of these guys are from back east and salt this spread daily during the winters so any of the vehicles without their frames painted or protected rust out. Also many of them pick up there zoo from fields after sitting for a long time. Luckily my frame is in great shape. My grandpa has an old Buick 56 super that they had in flint he even had the frame coated but it still got chewed pretty bad when we start to clean it a few years back

Funrover
January 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
That is a sweet car! I hear you on the rust belt. I look at those folks pics to see where I need to add extra rust proofing.

Patrolman
January 18th, 2013, 07:16 PM
That was a nice build. TONS of work though. Would have been much easier to find one without rust to start with.

ctracy5
January 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Luckily mine is mostly rust free a little around the windshield posts is all