PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else hate putting stuff on craigslist?

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
I put my truck up there on craigslist this weekend and i tell you what talk bout a headache. How does it drive on the highway, Does it get great gas mileage, I need a daily driver i can drive 40 miles on way each day. Its like seriously its a truck on 40 inch tires not a Prius.

Giljorak
January 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
I've got a truck I want to sell I just don't want to deal with CL at all to sell it. I am going to put a sign in it and see if that helps me get it sold. If not I might try CL using a Google voice phone number. Who knows we'll see, procrastination at its finest.

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
hahaha yeah well see how long i put up with this, dont really want to get rid of the truck , i keep going back and forth whether to get rid of it or not

carpenle
January 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
The ones I hate is we are on our way and they never show up.

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
or they offer ya a dirt bike or something just horrible in trade

Jim
January 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Yea. You could put up and ad for a "Red Radio Flyer" wagon, with a picture of the Red wagon and flakes will still call to ask what color it is.

It's so big of a problem "they (that are so special)" have their own category and logo:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4076/4764344681_a800f212e7_z.jpg

EDIT: I've gotten so that I do not put my phone number (no e-mail at all) in the TEXT of the ad. I have the number included as a photo in the ad. That seems to stop some of the flake calls.

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM
yeah i spell out a few of the numbers and that helps a bit but it seems it confuses em. lol

ExplorerTom
January 22nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
I'd sold a bunch of stuff on craigslist with pretty good luck. Had a couple no shows. I've sold 2 cars and both sold also immediately- must have priced them too low.

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
oh beleive me my truck is priced low, just hard to sell a big truck like that specially in this economy

96blkbeauty
January 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
I haven't had much experience selling stuff on craigslist, but the few times I have I've had pretty good luck...but they were smaller items like wheels, tires, toolbox, exc.

Brad
January 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
I have had a lot of luck on Craigslist. Just not with any high dollar items.

Coonburger
January 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
half of what i own came from craigslist lol ur right disco higher dollar items get a little tougher

Patrolman
January 22nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
I have pretty good luck with Craigslist. I am pretty patient though. Never list a phone number. I put in bold letters on the very first line a keyword they needs to be in the subject of the email or it goes to spam. I don't answer stupid questions either. I put nearly everything you would want to know, or even think someone may want to know, in the posting. Rarely do I get questions. It is hard to sell high dollar items, and I have had to wheel-deal and trade before to get something out of my driveway. In the end I actually came out ahead though, and it probably moved quicker, so worth a bit of work.

Metalhed
January 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
I am feeling left out. I have had my Bug on CL for close to a week now and not One email!!!
I was hoping for at least a Nigerian scammer, but nothing

scout man
January 22nd, 2013, 07:29 PM
yea, I had far less interest in my tires than usual, and have some wheels up right now with no calls at all. I am thinking its an after-Christmas funk. No one has money cause of the holidays and they havent received tax refunds yet.

Max
January 22nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/3564204200.html :smokin: (http://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/3564204200.html)

Hypoid
January 23rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
I have a webmail account just for spammers. I never click on the link, or open pictures. I don't give out personal information, especially my address.

Thanks for looking! :)

Fordguy77
January 23rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Ive moved a few cars on it the last few months, but nothing really high dollar. It seems to i get a few flakes in the first couple days or so, then after a week some serious people start calling in on them.

My personal favorite is when they call and say they found a car "just like yours" and want to know why yours is priced so much more than the one they found. I mean it would have nothing to do with the fact what your selling has new tires, emissions, no check engine light, and is over in great shape, and the one they found has less miles, check engine lights, the doors are falling off, and it needs tires. But they expect you to price them the same.

Hypoid
January 23rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
My personal favorite is when they call and say they found a car "just like yours" and want to know why yours is priced so much more than the one they found. I mean it would have nothing to do with the fact what your selling has new tires, emissions, no check engine light, and is over in great shape, and the one they found has less miles, check engine lights, the doors are falling off, and it needs tires. But they expect you to price them the same.That is an easy one to answer! Tell the prospective buyer that you know what your car is worth, and that other seller knows what their junk is worth. :D

Max
January 23rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Sold

Hypoid
January 23rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Sold
Congrats! What is next?

Max
January 24th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Something bigger and better!

Coonburger
January 24th, 2013, 05:35 AM
sweet

Metalhed
January 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I have had one person contact me.
Asked -- Is it still for sale and will you hold it for me. I get paid at the end of Feb

Really step up with cash, I am not holding anything for anyone on CL. and a Month!

carpenle
January 24th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I have to say that I move on to the next post if there is no phone number, unless it is a reallllllllllllly good deal.