PDA

View Full Version : Ball Joints????????

Jeepfreak
January 23rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
I can't decide which ball joints to go with and was wondering if anybody out there had any input? I like Dana/Spicer for u-joints but I never really given much thought to ball joints until recently when I decided I was going to change them out myself. Since then I have been looking online and now I'm not sure if the spicer or the synergy suspension joint would be best. The spicer are around $150 less to do the whole front end than the synergy but I don't want to have to do them again anytime soon. So any input would be great THX

scout man
January 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
might be a good question for Bill (tonkatoy) at Englewood Drive Shaft. I know its not driveshaft related, but it seems like something he might have a professional opinion on. :2c:

Jeepfreak
January 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Thats a great idea, thanks

Serious Offroad
January 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.com/Exterior/Body-Chassis/Dana-Spicer/Dana-Spicer/Dana-Spicer-Replacement-Ball-Joints-Jeep-YJ-TJ-XJ-And-ZJ-Dana-30-And-Dana-44

The StRanger
January 23rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Been doin this a Loooong time
Nothin wront with Mopar joints
Should be able to pull another 100 K
And thats not bad

southpaws3
January 25th, 2013, 04:43 AM
moog (problem solvers)

upper and lower are greaseable

Popsgarage
January 25th, 2013, 06:52 PM
MOOG.

Fordguy77
January 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
x3 Moog

dcoop
January 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Moog has a BAD rap on Tjs, they don't last long at all. Spicer is the OE supplier. When I put in my new HP 30 the ball joints on my old LP 30 were original at 120k miles and were still good. When I replaced the ball joints on the HP 30 Spicer was the pretty obvious choice.

Check out East Coast Gear Supply, they have the best prices. Or keep it local and support Serious Offroad!

Jeepfreak
January 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
My LJ only has 50k on it and the stock ball joints are literaly coming apart. I have looked and looked at ball joints and have to say the only one that really hasn't gotten too many bad reviews is spicer so I think that is the way to go.

Serious Offroad
January 28th, 2013, 10:22 AM
See the link I posted earlier.....

Fordguy77
January 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Moog has a BAD rap on Tjs, they don't last long at all. Spicer is the OE supplier. When I put in my new HP 30 the ball joints on my old LP 30 were original at 120k miles and were still good. When I replaced the ball joints on the HP 30 Spicer was the pretty obvious choice.

Check out East Coast Gear Supply, they have the best prices. Or keep it local and support Serious Offroad!
Interesting to hear, I have spent many a days in the Ranger Based Vehicle world, and for that application, they are high respected, and considered of higher quality and longevity than OEM. Thank you for informing me.

Newb Tourist
February 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I see many bad reviews for Moog as well, for 3rd gen 4Runners, FWIW

The StRanger
February 10th, 2013, 10:24 PM
I have spent many a days in the Ranger Based Vehicle world, and for that application, they are high respected, and considered of higher quality and longevity than OEM.

1st of Remember, I bleed Ford blue and a ford Master tech !!!!
And with that.... Ford OEM joints are junk...
Iv replaced tie rods & ball joint as soon as 70K
Dont think Iv seen any go much past 100K

Hypoid
February 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Or keep it local and support Serious Offroad!That is a pretty good price! I bought NAPA Premium my last go-round. It cost me $225 to get out the door.

+1 for hearing of problems with MOOG components in the last few years.

gm4x4lover
February 11th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I would do moogs also. Infact its what I have my xj hp30 with 35's and off set wheels. They have been in for years.