PDA

View Full Version : dodge neon injectors in 4.0 jeep

Coonburger
February 1st, 2013, 10:06 PM
i just put in some dodge neon injectors in the wifes jeep today. they are the 965's not the 703's but damn talk about a difference iam very impressed with em. anyone has a 4.0 i definately suggest doing this. super simple to do.

Hypoid
February 2nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
How many lbs/hr are they rated at?

Coonburger
February 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
without doing some crazy googling, i remeber they said they are 3% increase over stock and about 22lbs/hr

Hypoid
February 2nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Holy schnikey!!! I think my RENIX injectors are rated at 16 lbs/hr. I tried the Bosch 19 lb/hr injectors, something screwed up my idle. :mad: I want to revisit that mod some day.

Coonburger
February 2nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
runs freeking great *shrugs* i made sure to clear the computer and there is a weird freeking voodoo way of doing it . disconnect battary cable, touch the ends together for 30 sec. put em back on turn ignition to on but not the motor, turn head lights on then off, turn ignition off. LOL whatever i still did it though.

Coonburger
February 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
i guess the big deal with the neon injectors they are 4 hole instead of one really atomizes the fuel better *shrugs*

Jim
February 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Hmmm... `wonder what they'd do for my 4.2?

Coonburger
February 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
the ones that everyone suggests still is the 703's dodge neon ones. cheap in the junk yard picked mine off of craigslist for like 20 bucks

Hypoid
February 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
i guess the big deal with the neon injectors they are 4 hole instead of one really atomizes the fuel better *shrugs*
Same for the Bosch 5.0 injectors. As a side note, the stock injectors are notorious for external leaks. Those things gotta go!

Since my RENIX is pre-obd, I need to get the appropiate scanner hooked up so I can see what the ECU sees.

Hmmm... `wonder what they'd do for my 4.2?What engine control system is on it now?

Coonburger
February 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
i was haveing one injector leaking when the jeep was off getting gas into my oil. *shakes fist*