PDA

View Full Version : Acupuncture?

Chris
February 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Anybody here ever try it?

Metalhed
February 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
It works, if anything it makes you sit and relax for an hour, that in its self is stress relieving

I did it for a few months and it helped my neck pain. There are a few spots where they put needles at is/are a little uncomfortable. Once the tech put one right between my eyes on the browline. That one made me very anxious and she took it out.

Very cool process, you have to believe that it will help, and it cant be any worse than taking a drug or pill

Patrolman
February 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Not personally, but my mom used to have it on a regular basis with pretty good results!

ColoJeeper
February 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Only experienced acupuncture one time, as my wire wheel disintegrated on the drill I was using. Very painful and not to be repeated.

Chris
February 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Very cool process, you have to believe that it will help, and it cant be any worse than taking a drug or pill

I suspected I'd hear that. If I had to believe penicillin would kill an infection I'd never take it.

Not personally, but my mom used to have it on a regular basis with pretty good results!

Was she a "believer" rather than a skeptic like me?

Only experienced acupuncture one time, as my wire wheel disintegrated on the drill I was using. Very painful and not to be repeated.

That's surprising Don, I thought getting all those needles would heal anything that may have ailed you!

Coonburger
February 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM
i was skeptical but helped with my back pain heard both ways though some people say it dont some people says it does.

Rob
February 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
My wife gets it when her shoulder pain gets bad. Works for her.

Jackie
February 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I knew some people who used a variation of it to quit smoking. It was applied to their ears. It worked for them. (This was years ago when when I was still in my teens and they were in their 50's at the time).

Chris
February 8th, 2013, 10:31 PM
:lmao: I had forgotten that one Jackie, I tried it when I was around 20. It didn't work.

Cr33p3r
February 9th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I have done it for several things and it worked on some and not on others, funny I would do this with my fear of needles. It does get you to relax most of the time, I would not recommend letting them put them in or on your ears tho, it hurts there. I have had different types of acupuncture too, regular and the ones that they light the outer end on fire to burn so the meds flow into the puncture location.

Chris
February 9th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks Sean, I don't have trouble relaxing I'm just looking at alternatives for pain relief.

scout man
February 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I used it in high school when I hurt my ankle real bad. I think they did it twice. It definitely healed faster than I expected it too. I was not a beleiver, and cant say it cured me instantly, but it very well might have sped up my recovery. Besides, everyone should experience the life of a porcupine, even if just breifly.

Java
February 10th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I've know 3 people to use it on their dogs with good results. IDK if that is helpful, but the dogs didn't believe or not, it just worked. Sorry you're having pain, Chris.

Clickpopboom
February 11th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I tried it once- I fell asleep on the table for about 2 hours and had some bruising on my back, but it did relieve a lot of pain.

The StRanger
February 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Never tryed it
Never wanted to .

southpaws3
February 15th, 2013, 02:26 AM
i had it done for my sinuses worked great .plus sleeping in an undisturbed room was awesome too.. good luck

otisdog
February 16th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Proper acupuncture administered by the right person can cure your ills within minutes.
Jim
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/norman20bates20stabs20in20psycho.jpg

glacierpaul
February 16th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Proper acupuncture administered by the right person can cure your ills within minutes.
Jim
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/norman20bates20stabs20in20psycho.jpg

:lmao:

I am thinking of giving it a try, my back is always hurting, like my tinnitis always there....

Chris
February 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
:lmao:

I am thinking of giving it a try, my back is always hurting, like my tinnitis always there....

I'm with you on both of those Paul. :frown:

I'm leaning towards giving it a shot. I hadn't thought of it for tinnitis, I'd love to hear silence again!

Rick
February 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
http://youtu.be/BhBq6rtokb8

Jim
February 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
LMAO - :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

southpaws3
February 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
HOLY SH#T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY AWESOME thank you

HEY CHRIS ?!??!?! Don't worry what could happen