PDA

View Full Version : ARB compressor question.

ColoRaider
February 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
sooo... during the cold this am i was under the hood and bumped the top of my arb compressor.

i knocked off what I am assuming is the air filter assembly. the shaft broke off inside and I am wondering if it is threaded or not. I am looking for the best way to remove the remnants and replace with a new part.
any suggestions? anyone had this issue before?

Jim
February 21st, 2013, 09:45 AM
I've taken mine apart before. There weren't any unusual issues. Mine is slightly different than the picture and IIRC (I'm not by the jeep now) there is a small plastic cap that snaps into place with a sintered brass/bronze air filter inside.

EDIT: I guess I can't help - I just saw the red circled item. No clue if it's threaded or whichever (different than mine). Can you put a straight edge screw driver to the center / broken stub and see if it turns?

ColoRaider
February 21st, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm guessing I can unscrew the base plate (29, 30) and it should pop of, then I suppose it should just be a question of weather I can remove the broken piece or if I need to purchase part 30 as well.
I guess i just answered my own question. Thanks for helping me look at it again Jim.

Mr6dwg
February 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mine is similar to that model. If I remember right, mine just popped in. I will take a look at noon and see how mine works.

Jim
February 21st, 2013, 10:55 AM
I'm also of the thought - some two-part epoxy will likely be a good friend in a repair...

RidgeRunner
February 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
I had the same compressor on my XJ and I had to replace that housing at one point. IIRC, it threads in. I think I ordered a replacement from 4wheel parts

Mr6dwg
February 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM
alright. I went out and looked at mine. It is threaded. It should be easily replaceable.