PDA

View Full Version : Troubling clicking sound in rear of 07 Tacoma

pictaker
February 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I noticed a significant clicking sound that seems to follow the rotation of my tires (faster/slower). Really obvious at slower speeds. Anyone know a good Toyota mechanic? I've read reviews about Toy Doctor and I'm less then impressed and would like to avoid a costly dealership visit.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

david

Rick
February 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?15668-Auto-Motive-Assoc-Inc /Mike is the owner and a good friend of mine who is very reasonable

Chris
February 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hey David, stay far away from Toy Doctor! I took my Avalon there when I had an oil leak. I left with a $3,000 quote (needed a new transmission among other stuff) written on a scrap of paper, not an invoice or anything with their name on it. It was really just a leaking valve cover, $70 repair. The tranny was fine, put on 30k before selling it still working fine. Damned thieves IMHO.

I'm not sure what part of Aurora you're in but I use Ken's Auto on Chambers by Mississippi. They proved themselves to me when I was having issues with the 4Runner throwing codes and the dash lighting up like an Xmas tree. I've been going to them ever since...

dr350jja
February 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Is the noise coming from the front or rear of the vehicle?

Chris
February 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
The title states rear Jim.

dr350jja
February 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Your right Chris, I thought I saw that somewhere. :lmao:

This may be something to look at:

I think you have the TRD Off Road pkg? Does the noise change, if you engage the rear locker? Not sure if this is applicable to your Year vehicle, but you may want to look this over.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35345

The StRanger
February 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
We"ve been seein a lot of ring & pinion damage
Maby time for yukon & locker ??

tonkatoy
February 25th, 2013, 09:17 PM
check the driveshaft, or bring it by the shop and i can checkout for you.

gm4x4lover
February 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Did you look to see if you had anything in the tires like a rock or a bolt?

sunk
February 27th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Did you look to see if you had anything in the tires like a rock or a bolt?

X2 on the crap stuck in the tires, start with the easy stuff.

pictaker
March 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Driveshaft was the culprit. Having it done while I'm out of town, I'm regretting not going to Bill to get this fixed. Lesson learned...