PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Wrangler? Yes, please!

BlackRubi
February 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/02/jeep-wrangler-diesel-likely-after-refresh-in-2015.html

Brad
March 1st, 2013, 06:13 AM
They shouldn't look at the success of the Cherokee w/ diesel as a barometer for the wrangler, rather the success of jeep wrangler sales and the aftermarket success.

To me it is a lock, it should already be a option.

Java
March 3rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
about ******* time. if you can believe rumor we may get a JK based pickup then too. I won't sell my LJ for another wrangler, but if they do the truck I will for sure. A JK pickup rubicon diesel would be perfect.

Hypoid
March 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
I don't see any mention of turbo chargers. Even my air compressor has a turbo...

SCRubicon
March 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM
They will probably slap a diesel in it, then change over to IFS...;)

4Runninfun
March 11th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Steve you pessimistic *******... :lmao:

Funrover
March 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I often wonder why the US is so void of diesels. I really hope this actually happens.

glacierpaul
March 15th, 2013, 09:57 AM
When a big truck like mine gets around 22 mpg with the diesel, this should be a brainless decision IMO. I just do not like the glowplugs and such for my diesel engine though, a Fords problem.

BlackRubi
March 28th, 2013, 03:42 AM
about ******* time. if you can believe rumor we may get a JK based pickup then too. I won't sell my LJ for another wrangler, but if they do the truck I will for sure. A JK pickup rubicon diesel would be perfect.

I know it's pricey, but I would love to do this if I can convince the boss to let me buy a JK Unlimited (diesel if possible).

http://www.myclassicjeep.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Brute-Double-Cab-Front-Desert-View.jpg

glacierpaul
March 28th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Damn that is one sweet Jeep!!!

offroadwonder
March 28th, 2013, 06:06 AM
http://www.myclassicjeep.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Brute-Double-Cab-Front-Desert-View.jpg

I love my Tacoma, but I would be first in line for one of these if Jeep built it with the Grand's new diesel. I might even pay sticker price (*Gasp!).

The midsize/compact pickup market is pretty under-served IMO, and there would be plenty of buyers for a Jeep compact diesel pickup.

BlackRubi
April 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
I would give my left unmentionable for this. The kit has a ridiculous price tag on it though. Something in the neighborhood of $10k.

Chris
April 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Something in the neighborhood of $10k.

What? $10k? Everyone in the country would buy a couple at $10k!

offroadwonder
April 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I would give my left unmentionable for this. The kit has a ridiculous price tag on it though. Something in the neighborhood of $10k.

I am wondering if you're thinking of the JK8 kit. The photo, however, is not a JK8. It is something very custom, and in my opinion, very perfect.

You are correct that the JK8 kit is way overpriced.

Chris
April 3rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Where was a kit mentioned? I'm confused again... :confused:

glacierpaul
April 4th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Where was a kit mentioned? I'm confused again... :confused:

It's a 'Jeep' thing:lmao:, these JK's are all custom, factory does not make them, yet. There are a few conversion 'kits' available this one shown by AEV is :smokin: really sweet IMO. One of those on some tracks and I am set :)

BlackRubi
April 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I meant $10k for the conversion kit. This is not the JK8 kit, it is the AEB Brute Double Cab kit.

offroadwonder
April 7th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Wow, I stand corrected. I just looked up some info on that conversion and it looks incredible. Still sad that it has to come as a conversion rather than factory, but it might be something that I look into. I haven't found any good pricing info on it, but it has to be steep. I know the JK8 is about 10k, so this would have to be more since it is going to involve some sort of frame stretch.

offroadwonder
April 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Nevermind, I just found pricing. $30k for the base conversion. $40k for the upgraded version. All that on top of a $35k vehicle (whenever they do finally release a diesel wrangler. I think I might be able to do a little better for $75 grand. Such as swapping a diesel into my Tacoma.

glacierpaul
April 8th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Nevermind, I just found pricing. $30k for the base conversion. $40k for the upgraded version. All that on top of a $35k vehicle (whenever they do finally release a diesel wrangler. I think I might be able to do a little better for $75 grand. Such as swapping a diesel into my Tacoma. or just buy 2 new vehicles to wheel in or have back ups :).