PDA

View Full Version : CORE UPDATE

Cr33p3r
March 4th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Since some have had questions about CORE here is the latest.

Hotline: 303-795-0524

In 2013, CORE will become a Members Only park!
Membership cost will be as follows:
Individual membership: $50 per Calender year.
Family membership: $100 per Calender year.
Family is parents and all children under age 18.

If you prefer, you can do a daily membership for $25.

All season passes include membership fees.

Park fees are:
$10 for members
$25 non members
Kids 10 and under free
Gate fees on race days remain $10

Fordguy77
March 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Interesting, I was thinking about doing the SCCA rallyx for some fun out there, but sadly the scheduling and my work don't mix well. Glad to see it stayed open.

Chris
March 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Yes, good to see they came up with a new way to stay open. I hope it works!

Shane
March 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Question so would core be a good place to go after I get my lift installed or just hit the trails?

Brad
March 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I would love to build a rally car just to have fun with.

Rick
March 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
just hit the trails?plus side is trails are free

Shane
March 12th, 2013, 07:02 PM
plus side is trails are free
This is true right about now I like free

Shane
March 12th, 2013, 07:06 PM
So what would be a good trail for her first run. Not looking for anything to crazy and needs to have some nice views the wife likes to take pictures. I know everyone will have there own opinion but just looking for some ideas.

Rick
March 12th, 2013, 07:08 PM
traildamage.com, gives you a lot of the info on scenery and such,location and difficulty of trails

Rick
March 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Twin Cone I thought was pretty scenic and obstacles are pretty much optional

Shane
March 12th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I checked out traildamage.com and there are a lot to chose from. I think it is hard to decide since I wont know what she will be able to handle after she is done. Cant afford to fix anything if I brake it.

Chris
March 12th, 2013, 07:38 PM
I'll suggest Argentine Trail by Georgetown. It's an easy but scenic trail with great views all around. It's the first trail Barb and I did and is still among our favorites that we hit a few times every year. There's a lot of side trails, mines, etc as well so it's easy to spend a day without much concern about doing any damage though you could. Best to go with some people to learn the ropes and build confidence.While I say it's easy I should add there are difficult areas that shouldn't be taken lightly. The rolled Durango that I think is still there will reinforce that statement.

Shane
March 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Rick and Chris I was talking to my wife and we are going to try and do both trails this year and what ever else we can fit in. I was thinking about doing Medano pass in may since we will be camping at out property in Blanca.

Clickpopboom
March 30th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Since some have had questions about CORE here is the latest.

Hotline: 303-795-0524

In 2013, CORE will become a Members Only park!
Membership cost will be as follows:
Individual membership: $50 per Calender year.
Family membership: $100 per Calender year.
Family is parents and all children under age 18.

If you prefer, you can do a daily membership for $25.

All season passes include membership fees.

Park fees are:
$10 for members
$25 non members
Kids 10 and under free
Gate fees on race days remain $10

So for non-members is it $25 for a 1 day membership, plus an additional $25 park fee? or just $25 total for the day?

glacierpaul
March 30th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Will have to go run CORE at some point, but when you live smack dab in the middle of 'free wheelin' it is a little harder to want to go pay to wheel :). Shane: have you ever ran Medano Pass? It is not to difficult a trail, there are some deep water crossings(dependent on the water run off) and the sand pit. Ran this in my big Ford no issues. The Sand Dunes is one of our favorite places, well that entire range is awesome, including Lake Como Road. Lake Como is a serious road, best to do that one with someone else or in a small group.
Chris: Are you sure the Durango is not the one under James Peak up here by me(off Kingston Peak)? or is there some deranged lunatic driving Durangos off of mountain trails?:)