PDA

View Full Version : Stay the trail ambassadors being terminated

Tom
March 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Stay The Trail Ambassadors (https://www.facebook.com/StayTheTrailAmbassadors?ref=stream)

2 hours ago

It with a heavy heart that we must let everyone know that the Responsible Recreation Foundation has decided to terminate the Stay The Trail Ambassadors Program due the failure of its 2012-2013 OHV grant application to receive approval for funding.

This was an especially hard decision due to the success the program demonstrated last season and our hopes for the 2013 season.

We want to thank you for your time and dedication to the program. Without your help we would not have been made the positive impacts we have seen on the ground from the Stay The Trail Ambassadors Program. This program would have not been effective without such great volunteers. Thank you for participating in the training, for taking the message out on the trails, and for joining us for the trail projects.

https://www.facebook.com/StayTheTrailAmbassadors

Jackie
March 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Wow. That's sad news. :frown:

Tom
March 19th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Wow. That's sad news. :frown:Note its just the ambassadors program, not the entire organization. Stay the Trail will still be doing trail maintenance etc.

Rick
March 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM
no more stickers!!!!!!??????

Brad
March 19th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Bummer. I was looking forward to keeping this going.

Chris
March 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Lots of funding is disappearing, the National Park Service got a 10% cut as is common across all lines of the Federal budget. Sad to see this get hit too.

The StRanger
March 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I will still continue to spred the word and to do as need while on the trail...

Stay The Trail
March 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
We appreciate the sentiments. It is unfortunate that the program had to be discontinued. We hope that FR4x4 members will continue to pursue the outreach to other trail users even without the Ambassador program. The education campaign will continue untouched and is looking forward to its best season yet.

glacierpaul
March 29th, 2013, 06:16 AM
I have long been a steward to my area, heck all of Colorado, and will always do so:thumb:
Edit: Thanks Matt, and all at Stay The Trail!