PDA

View Full Version : IE10 & the "ENTER" problem

otisdog
March 22nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
When writing on this forum I'm not able to get to get the cursor down to the next line either by using "tab" or just clicking. When I hit tab the cursor disappears and if I click on a space below the line I'm writing on it goes back to the upper line. Anyone else having this problem? Seems to be only on this forum. For instance, I usually put my name below what I've typed but that's a no-go. Jim

otisdog
March 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Ok let's try enter - nothing - cursor stays in the same spot. I'm wondering- Recent Windows updates included upping IE9 to IE10 on Windows 7. I have two computers with 7 and one with Win 8. I'm going to have to try on my other computers and see if I get the same result. This is kind of frustrating. I know that IE10 has caused some issues with other sites. Jim

otisdog
March 23rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
Google Chrome.
Ahhhh - now it's working!
Same computer, different browser.
Enter drops me down. So it MUST be the Internet Explorer 10 and how it interacts with this and some other sites.
I may uninstall the update that changed IE9 to IE10 on Windows 7. IE10 is standard on Windows 8.
The IE10 update is one of the recent KB updates from Microsoft so you may want to avoid that one. Obviously there's some issues. My wife can't log on to her job benefits with IE10. It's a known issue and her employer said to use Chrome or Firefox until the issue is resolved. Good ol' buggy crap from Microsoft.
Jim

Jim
March 23rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
It seems IE 10 has issues with "enter"... Instead of uninstalling and back-rev'ing, just run it in compatibility mode...

http://www.forumswindows8.com/browsers-mail/ie-10-compatibility-mode-6567.htm

http://techathlon.com/internet-explorer-10-run-compatibility-mode/

Java
March 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Jim, I don't know what magic you worked, but my posts used to take about a minute of doing nothing before they actually posted; that delay is gone. Well done!!

Jim
March 23rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
my posts used to take about a minute of doing nothing before they actually posted; that delay is gone.

When did you notice this change? FWIW, I turned off the "Spam Management" function yesterday afternoon. It's possible that could be the reason.

otisdog
March 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
I'll try some different modes here - nope- tried compatability mode and ie9 mode. Still no joy

Ahhh - uninstalled the update to IE10 and all is well!!
IE9 will stay ..
Jim