PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to mod the Jeep

Flyer
April 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
I am considering waiting for the 2.5" Metalcloak lift but if not, here are my thoughts for my 2012 JK (2-door) Rubicon Auto.:

Old Man Emu 2.5" (light-med) springs and shocks (could swap with AVE 2.5" springs)
Some new trackbar and control arms (not sure what is best...maybe RokMen CAs)

New wheels with 3.75 BS and 35" MTR Kevlars (stocks are 32" KMs)
Artec truss and weld on some c-gussets

Next step will be the bumper and winch. Need to find a good shop here in the Denver area since I am not too mechanically inclined. Any recommendations? Hi Country is not cheap but they are popular.

Flyer
April 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Oh, I also like Rock Krawler but have not found a local good dealer/installer for RK. That is my other choice.

dscowell
April 1st, 2013, 04:42 PM
If your looking to buy a bumper I would consider looking at Fessybuilt I haven't looked in there JK section but they make some good looking products which they can install in store. For installation maybe look at John's 4x4 there the only other shop I know who installs stuff that I can think of off hand unless you go to 4WheelParts

Fordguy77
April 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
If your looking to buy a bumper I would consider looking at Fessybuilt I haven't looked in there JK section but they make some good looking products which they can install in store. For installation maybe look at John's 4x4 there the only other shop I know who installs stuff that I can think of off hand unless you go to 4WheelParts
High Country Off Road does installs as well, and i believe Four To Go, used to but i am not sure if they still do.

glacierpaul
April 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
My neighbor Carl (chelseaoilman) just had a lift put on his 2012 at Four To Go, I would call and talk to the shop about your plans. There are some specifics with the 2012, like modding the exhaust I think. Or pm Carl.

Tom
April 2nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
I did a 2 inch spacer lift on my '12 JK 2 door around XMas. After studying the options it seemed the best route for me. I was doing it myself with Robs help. I discovered that if you go larger that 2 inches there are a number of other things that have to be done in addition to springs and shocks. Paul is correct, an exhaust spacer is one of them. It kKeep the front drive shaft from rubbing on the exhaust. Other things include rear track bar relocation and possibly the front, I don't recall.

Anyway I couldn't find a true 2 inch spring lift. They were all called 2.5 inches but in reality they average 2.5. Front and rear being different so they would level the vehicle. I didn't want that. My vehicle was level when it came from the factory. So anyway I went with a superlift 2 inch spacer kit with shocks. I've had absolutely no issues at all. I'm sure I don't have the flex as a kit with springs but I'm not doing hard core crawling anyway. I just wanted a bit more ground clearance.

Serious Offroad
April 2nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Click on my sig.................

Flyer
April 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Well, I decided on my changes, after talking to Bach Crawlers. Going with the Rock Krawler 2.5 X Factor suspension with RRD Emulsion shocks, an Offroad Evolution axle sleeve/gusset kit, matte black Method wheels, and 35" GY MTR Kevlar tires. Now the same trails will be a bit easier but much more comfortable. 35s should have a lot of air volume than my 32s, so aired down, it will be more plush. Will keep the exhaust in mind, as well as any other things I notice.