PDA

View Full Version : Adding CAPTCHA to your web site forms

Jackie
April 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Have any of you successfully added this anti spam thingy to your email forms? I am trying, but no luck in getting it to work yet. I need the asp.net version.:confused:

The instructions on google are not that well written.

Jim
April 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
I have not - and have not tried - but I have considered adding a static captcha image (thus only one static answer coded as well) to my personal web site's contact form.

There is one here at FR4x4 for the new user registration process (if you want to check it out). It's an add-in to vBulletin though (so not much use) but you might wish to check it out as it's not the "typical" obscured numbers and letters.

Chris
April 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
I have plenty of times Jackie, like most things it's easy once you've done it.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know .asp if it bit me. :rolleyes:

Tom
April 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Have any of you successfully added this anti spam thingy to your email forms? I am trying, but no luck in getting it to work yet. I need the asp.net version.:confused:

The instructions on google are not that well written.
I created my own php thingy on my websites. http://www.crosman.org/res/contact.php
The value at the end of the line "Enter value displayed:" is dynamically generated.

I'd be happy to share if you can use it.

When one successfully sends via the form I provide them with a real email address. Send me an email via this if you'd like

Chris
April 2nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Jackie, if the boss wants CAPTCHA you're stuck with it but if you really want to stop SPAM I suggest Akismet which is pretty much invisible to the end user. I know a lot of people simply click away when faced with CAPTCHA since it's so annoying and hard to read for a lot of people.

Jackie
April 2nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks Tom - but php won't work on our server.

She wants CAPTCHA - so I gotta figure this out.

Chris
April 2nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't know .asp if it bit me. :rolleyes:

So nobody liked my pun? :erm:

CS79bronco
April 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Nah, don't know one snake from another.

Rob
April 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
So nobody liked my pun?

Loved it. :thumb:

Jackie
April 2nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
At this point, I'm ready to tell the boss to "kiss my .asp" !

But I kinda need the paycheck... sooo...:p