PDA

View Full Version : Trail Ideas??

mattzj98
April 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
I am looking into going on a trail, that could be both challenging, and easy enough for an XJ on 33s.. kinda like chinaman gulch where it can be fun for buggies but one that has bypasses to the obstacles.. any idea? top rating 10, as low as maybe 5 or 6?

Colin
April 22nd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Hells revenge:D.... jk

mattzj98
April 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
going to moab this fall.. im thinking kinda like Saran Wrap or eagle rock..

Robert B
April 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
hey matt my neighbor on 33s and not much lift at all in a little wrangler has done eagle rock and saran wrap so that could work ........if you go though tell me as i still have not been able to do eagle rock since when i tried i broke my fuel line :)

xaza
April 22nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Spring Creek has a few good obstacles and I always have a blast.

scout man
April 22nd, 2013, 08:45 PM
the outlet mall in castle rock has a few hills you could make challenging, and you stand a chance of picking up some chicks there! :D

Just kidding. Spring creek fits the category, but I have trouble saying anyone can make it through there, since I have failed to over and over again. :bang:

Rick
April 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Spring Creek has a few good obstacles and I always have a blast.fun trail!!!!

mattzj98
April 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
so so far im thinking Saran Wrap, Eagle Rock, Holy Cross..

Spring Creek does get boring after so many times.. but I guess still an option

anyone interested in running one of those?

CS79bronco
April 23rd, 2013, 12:48 AM
If you come down to run Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap post up, I would like to run Eagle Rock. Tried last year right after a big rain, or was it year before last now. Anyway we waited over an hour for a bunch of Jeeps to make it up, no progress so went on to Saran Wrap. Ran it, ate lunch & went back. Some of the Jeeps were still stuck in the washed out part. One guy lost his clutch & they had to pull him on up, some stock Wranglers were having a hard time. Gave up & went home.

Adaa60
April 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Diamond wants to see holy cross bad, i have never been to holy cross or spring creek i want to do spring creek and i would do eagle rock as well, but there all far from me. spring creek is the easyest for me to get to, but wherever you wanna go matt i'll try to hang with ya, and im xj with 33's

mattzj98
April 23rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
for sure man my twin zj wants to run saran i guess so wecwill startvplanning on it soon.. and then indy again

otisdog
April 24th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Eagle Rock be fun

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/Eagle%20Rock%20Mt%20Baldy/b17.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/otisdog4/Eagle%20Rock%20Mt%20Baldy/b2.jpg

mattzj98
April 24th, 2013, 05:26 AM
hell yes.. ive only ran it once a long time ago in snow

Funrover
April 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap loop is fun! Top it off and have lunch at the top of Baldy! That is a great little run for various builds.
Holy Cross is doable, but will make for a long day, also it won't be open for awhile.

What about Iron Chest? is that 33" able?

Wheeler Lake - A few obstacles for buggies. Mostly an easier trail
Jenny Creek - fun, doable for all

Rick
April 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM
hell yes.. ive only ran it once a long time ago in snowpick a date so we can plan

The StRanger
April 24th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Id be up for that.
Never done those !!

mattzj98
April 25th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Jenny creek is doable for smaller rigs, but my jeep was riding trees with sidewalls, and was overhanging about 4 inches to each side on the tiny little brodge before water crossing. . . I don'tthink id run it again in my setup..

Rick
April 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Jenny creek is doable for smaller rigs, but my jeep was riding trees with sidewalls, and was overhanging about 4 inches to each side on the tiny little brodge before water crossing. . . I don'tthink id run it again in my setup..The bridge was tight but the rest of the trail didnt seem to bad imo.

mattzj98
April 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I like my sidewalls :) I think we will plan on eagle rock, saran wrap.. anyone down for sidewinder btw??