PDA

View Full Version : How to park in a full lot

Clickpopboom
April 25th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I was out picking up lunch yesterday and the parking lot was jam-packed. It didn't help that they had quite a few spots taken up with giant mounds of snow from plowing the parking lot. That didn't stop this guy!

Hard to see in the pic how high up he is until you look at the minivan in front of him.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8402/8682414630_8c222ab094_b.jpg

Jackie
April 25th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Haha! I saw a similar parking job by a guy in a big (it was either a RAM or a Ford 350, I can't remember) up at my kid's school last year. We were both there to pick up kids. He was stuck in a snow bank and I offered to give him a tug, but I think he was too embarassed to be pulled out by my lil' Jeep. He finally accepted my offer, but while I was getting the strap out of the back of the Jeep he managed to get loose on his own. It was a nice truck! A little tug would have had him on the road quicker though. He had been trying for a while...

The Jeep in the pic looks to have rubber on the pavement, so probably not too hard to get out.

ExplorerTom
April 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Doesn't everyone do this with their 4wd in the winter? Heck, I do it with my 2wd SUV- I've come close to biting off more than it could handle, but not quite.

Jackie
April 25th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I like to go out and "mash up the street" before the plows come (we usually don't even get a plow so it makes it easier for those in the neighborhood with smaller cars to get out). Plus it's fun!

Clickpopboom
April 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I like to go out and "mash up the street" before the plows come (we usually don't even get a plow so it makes it easier for those in the neighborhood with smaller cars to get out). Plus it's fun!

A couple storms ago I was out following the plow and busting up the walls they left in the turn lanes and intersections in my neighbourhood.

I've parked like this before, but not to the extent this guy did where his hood is almost level with the roof of the minvan across from him.

The StRanger
April 25th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Did that at Red Robin last fri night
Funny to see the kid point !!!

Java
April 26th, 2013, 05:50 AM
gotta point out the Stay The Trail sticker on his fender... :lmao:

glacierpaul
April 26th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Nice Kelly. I will find my pic's doing the same thing,.... damn city snow removal :)

Max
April 26th, 2013, 06:56 AM
They plow a nice snow pile where I work.

glacierpaul
April 26th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Feb 24, 2012, took the kiddos to Wash. Park then to grandmas, then took the wife to dinner. Denver has no concept of snow 'removal' :) In a parking lot, there should be no snow, only room for cars to park right? Guess that comes from a guy who owns parking lots :) The last pic is from up here by my house, no parking reference, just a cool shot.
Nice shot Max!

The StRanger
April 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Now that last one is a cool pic !!!