PDA

View Full Version : Dakan RD

sunk
May 28th, 2013, 12:54 PM
So I thought it would be best to post this in the trail resource thread since I didnt take any pictures...

I went up Rampart to check out my camping site for next weekend. Rampart is open, and we decided to take Dakan Rd back to town for a change of scenery.

The Last time I ran Dakan, I came up from HWY 105 and ended up getting turned around and for the longest time I was convinced that you were not able to access Rampart from Dakan. Turns out I just ended up on the wrong trail.

Coming from Rampart you can access Dakan (Trail 503 or it is also labeled as Hidden Valley rd) about 16 miles from the North end of Rampart. About 3.5 miles in the trail comes to a intersection (502 and 563) to head back to HWY 105 stay heading east (tr 563) around 6 miles back. Tr 502 is labeled as Jackson creek and is about 5 miles back to Rampart.

These trails do not have any real obstacles, and mainly consist of whoops and small rocks. There is one rough patch on tr 563 where you have to traverse across a rock slab. I think with careful tire placement even a lower clearance vehicle (like a Subaru) would be able to make it.

It was Memorial day weekend and I found that there were lots of OHV on this road. Certainly something to consider in that area and not haul ass.

All in all, it was a different road back to town and had some fun bumps to roll over.

xaza
May 28th, 2013, 12:59 PM
We musta just missed each other, I was out on North end of Rampart yesterday.

sunk
May 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I might have caught a glimpse of you, but I was rolling around in the princess (the 4 Runner)

The StRanger
May 28th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Princess..
Thats funny..

Rick
May 28th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Thats funnyNOooooo Phunney

The StRanger
May 28th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Phuunie....
Just caus I got one !!!

Rick