PDA

View Full Version : eagle rock fun

Robert B
June 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
well after the bronco had the steering damage we decided to head home and on the last big rock on the way down the tire went to a little different spot than I wanted and gravity took over among some other weird little bits of damage and one small dent and a few deep scratched from I don't know where I have one dent that is a little bit hard not to notice :wrench: and here is a vid with some different details in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBaUriAujHw&feature=youtu.be

Funrover
June 10th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Time for "Custom" sliders!

Tom
June 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Time for "Custom" sliders!
A bit too late for that I'd say.:D

The StRanger
June 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Can we say "" boatside ""

mattzj98
June 10th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Ouch man... definitely boatside time

The StRanger
June 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Looking at Pic #4 you got about 4 inches to gain !!

CS79bronco
June 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Glad to see you could get the door open Robert, didn't look like it would open out there.

CS79bronco
June 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Glad to see you could get the door open Robert, didn't look like it would open out there.
Boatsides would be really cool, but lots of bodywork. Pick up a door at the JY, then get a fat chick to jump up & down on that side of the truck a few times until it levels out, got it fixed.

Beefy
June 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ouch!

Shane
June 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Definate ouch!

glacierpaul
June 11th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Yowsers:erm: Sounds like what my tire did on Red Elephant, if I did not have the skids or sliders my pics would have been similar!

Brian
June 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I look at that as an ‘Upgrade Opportunity.’ :D

carpenle
June 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Ouch that hurts. I just put sliders on my xj last weekend, now I am glad I did.

Fordguy77
June 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Just a little bit off hammer action and it'll straighten right up, At least it didn't crease!

Robert B
June 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I went and ordered the outer and inner rockers .....and including shipping I spent 42$ ....... now that fact I will spend multiple days on fixing it is where the money would really come in lol . so once those get here im hoping by Friday I can start to cut the old one out and reshape the floor to fit the new one and then once that is done I will be buying steel and building rock sliders on steroids to take a hit like this all day

Robert B
June 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Just a little bit off hammer action and it'll straighten right up, At least it didn't crease!at the moment that is just about impossible lol there are about 5-6 layers of metal down there which is why it didn't do more damage :P but ya once I cut some off the floor will just be hit with 2x4s and hammers to make it straight again

Minnesota
June 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Dang.

And it's a hit!

WW2AVG
June 11th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Well, I am fairly new to the hobby/sport, but between my own experiences, Geno blowing his engine recently and Robert's sheet metal bending abilities, I am getting a lot of experience! With Geno and Robert living across the street, I get a lot of experience with only paying for one vehicle! Not to mention getting to "supervise" things like Minnesota's axles swap!

I spent Saturday changing the clutch slave cylinder on my Wrangler (posted elsewhere). Now I am ready to go again! I can wait to get out. However, I will be w/o seats and a top this weekend for "scheduled repairs"! I guess I'll buy some beer and "supervise" Robert fixing his body damage! :lmao:

Minnesota
June 11th, 2013, 09:40 PM
C'mon man, you can at least sit on a milk crate and make "vroom vroom" sounds...

Been an interesting spring, no doubt!

<edit> DF is theee best supervisor! </edit>

WW2AVG
June 11th, 2013, 09:49 PM
C'mon man, you can at least sit on a milk crate and make "vroom vroom" sounds...

Actually, it is sort-of ironic, I have a friend coming in from Florida on Saturday that wants help changing out the clutch mater and slave cylinders on his Land Rover. I'll probably have the Jeep in the garage, so it will be an upside-down 5 gal bucket for a seat to move it out into the street while we do that! Luckily (I am told) the land rover has an external slave cylinder!

WW2AVG
June 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM
The way the weather has been I may need to get a nice beach chair and umbrella to watch Robert fix his dent! This four wheelin' is an expensive hobby! :lmao:

ford_runner79
June 12th, 2013, 06:02 AM
It just add char. to your blazer.

glacierpaul
June 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM

:lmao:

glacierpaul
June 12th, 2013, 06:13 AM
5 gallon buckets are invaluable!:lmao: seriously though...

Minnesota
June 14th, 2013, 07:10 PM
"Vroom vroom..."

Meow... ;)

Geno
June 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
We now have another project to work on with my soon to due motor install LOL

CS79bronco
June 16th, 2013, 10:28 PM
If you guys need a hand with these projects let me know & maybe I can help out.

Popsgarage
June 16th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Robert, just do this. Something all big Chevy's can benefit from. And I've seen it in person. It's clean.

http://offroaddesign.com/boatsides.htm (http://offroaddesign.com/boatsides.htm)

Greasy
June 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
See rob I'm not the only one that says you should boat side your k5