PDA

View Full Version : Twin cone area?

Funrover
June 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Any ideas when this trail may be passable? From what I can see it seems like it'd be almost open. However I have never been on the trail and don't know the valleys etc.

Thanks

4Runninfun
June 10th, 2013, 05:05 PM
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19162-Red-Cone-Webster-Pass ;)

Funrover
June 10th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Excellent!

sunk
July 12th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I will be up there camping this weekend and let you know how the trail looks up to Twin Cone.

Rick
July 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Any ideas when this trail may be passable?Ran Twin cone a couple weeks ago.no snow anywhere.Open all the way to the weather station

Native ZJ
July 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM
QUOTE=Rick;236746]Ran Twin cone a couple weeks ago.no snow anywhere.Open all the way to the weather station[/QUOTE]

X2

sunk
July 15th, 2013, 07:15 AM
So I was able to check out this trail over the weekend. I have not ran the trail for 2 years or so, I was blow away at how much it has changed.

The forest service taken out much of the fun obstacles. From where the trail opens up and gets into the rock garden, all of the difficult boulders have been removed. The steep hill with the loose rocks has been graded and is now fairly easy. from there the upper section of the trail has not changed. Still a great trail but not as hard as it was.

I did not see any snow. It did hail a little and it had built up and almost looked like snow before melting quickly.

Jackie
July 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM
It is amazing to see how the trails change over the years. Sometimes they get graded and sometimes they get rutted or otherwise more challenging. As much as I love the TD web site, the Charles Wells books etc. as a source for trail info, I've learned that the reports are very good, but sometimes are too dated to be a fantastic source for current trail conditions.

xaza
July 21st, 2013, 01:11 PM
But they do normally get you to the trailhead at least!

Rick
July 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
But they do normally get you to the trailhead at least!It does seem a little easier than last year(even the obstacles)But still had a blast

Mr6dwg
July 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Webster Pass is open now. I did the Red Cone road yesterday. Don't know about the Twin Cone road.