PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Flats 6/19 or 6/20

ILuvtheMountains
June 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I will be up at my cabin in red feather on the dates listed above but am interested in hitting Kelly Flats, which just opened up. I doubt I will be doing the chutes, but will likely want to do heart attack hill up and down then take the longer bypass back up and out through the back way which dumps you out on county road 69. If anyone wants to join (I know these are weekdays) please let me know.

ILuvtheMountains
June 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
The trip is posted. Go RSVP. You know you want to. We want you to. Do it.

Brucker
June 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
RSVP'ed maybe. Another rig and I may end up at Kelly tomorrow afternoon(20th). We haven't run it in years, but both have capable rigs. Except the last time I ran the chutes I ended up on my side... I have to make a run to the powder coater in the morning and then I should be free to load up the trailer and head out around 11:30-Noon. That would put us at the trail head about 1:30-2pm. That is if everything goes according to plan and I finish these up early.

We also have talked of running Moody and Crystal if time permits. Neither of us have rock light installed...

I will post up here before noon tomorrow, what we decide either way.

Brucker
June 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Everything went well so far! Looks like we will be heading out from Longmont right at noon. That should put us at the trail head by 2pm.

ILuvtheMountains
June 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Sorry I was at my cabin and did not see your posts. Wasn't able to go so I am anxiously awaiting a report of trail conditions!

Brucker
June 20th, 2013, 10:57 PM
You missed out, we had a ball. Kelly is Kelly. Nothing has changed except for a few scorched trees. But I did forget how much fun one can have in the Chutes. I will try to load a trip report later. Here is a teaser shot.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/999731_466930443401098_353137988_n.jpg

Brucker
June 20th, 2013, 11:03 PM
So what happens when a new member shows up for a "planned" trail run, but no one else does? Does it still count as running with this group the once a year?

ILuvtheMountains
June 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I would say you earn your wheeler badge. Again I am so sorry I didn't make it. I have no Internet or even cell reception at my cabin and when I last checked this site before I left to go up there I had no responses to this plan, so I didn't go. Until I get my winch situation figured out I can't bring myself to take my family out where I could possibly get them stuck.

i really wish I could make it through the chutes! That's a BA picture!

Brucker
June 21st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Report here:

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19244-Kelly-Flats-mid-afternoon-run-6-20-13&p=234261#post234261

Rick
June 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Does it still count as running with this group the once a year?I would think so...