PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello

Brucker
June 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Hello all! My name is Aaron. Saw two different crews made up of your members yesterday while we were out wheeling in beautiful Boulder County (one group on Miller Rock and another on Bunce/T-33a) and though I would look you all up. Didn't really get a chance to talk with you all as everyone was busy wheeling. Some of you had some pretty sweet rigs! I was in a little blue Toyota pickup and my buddy was in a green XJ.

Here is a photo of the two of us from that day:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/425295_611424388867951_942632709_n.jpg

Jim
June 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

EDIT
Interesting that you caught sight of two, different, groups out on the same day. I'd assume the "Front Range 4x4" stickers are what caught your eye. If you'd like a sticker, PM "Chris" as he has a few left (a few bucks for one). He might be on vacation and not able to respond right away.

Tom
June 16th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Hey I saw you guys as we came off t-33a. Welcome!

CS79bronco
June 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome

Rob
June 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I saw you guys as we came off t-33a.

X2. Welcome aboard.

javaman34
June 16th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the group. Great bunch of people here. I'm really looking forward to hitting some trails with them (that is if I can keep the Bronco in one piece).

Hypoid
June 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Welcome!

Brad
June 16th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome! :thumb:

xaza
June 16th, 2013, 04:43 PM
welcome to the group

Brucker
June 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Looking forward to seeing what all this forum has to offer. I am an active member of a couple other 4x4, back country, and fabrication forums as well so hopefully I won't get too lost around here ;)

Interesting that you caught sight of two, different, groups out on the same day. I'd assume the "Front Range 4x4" stickers are what caught your eye.

I thought it was cool.

First group was on Miller Rock. Seemed like good and friendly folks just out for a good time. Thought it was neat that they had a stocker with them and were actually helping him and still keeping the trail fairly clear. It sad to say but it is rare these days to find a person, let alone a group of people, who were/are thinking of others.

Second group was coming down Bunce (FS RD 105) as they were coming off the T-33a off shoot. Didn't get a chance to speak with any of them, but saw the stickers and a pretty mixed bag of rigs. Very cool to see all types wheeling together.

Shane
June 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Welcome

dscowell
June 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
welcome

Jim
June 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
It sad to say but it is rare these days to find a person, let alone a group of people, who were/are thinking of others.

`says a lot right there. It also sums up the group.

We enjoy the mixed bag of vehicles (variety is the spice of life...) but the people are mainly of one flavor - good folks willing to help out while enjoying the great outdoors (but monotony brings home the bread).

EDIT: For more of the "helping out" mentality, join in for one of the trail cleanup runs. We sponsor two trails near Idaho Springs (Barbor Fork & Devil's Canyon). Folks run one, sometimes both trails in the day while stopping for trash. I find those days equally fun and rewarding.

Fordguy77
June 16th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome!

Heather
June 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Welcome, you found a great club! I think we saw you on Miller Rock on Saturday (I was in my husband's yellow JKU (when I wasn't jogging/hiking), not my TJ) - that was a Twisted run (but I'm guessing Sean's sweet built Ranger probably had FR4x4 stickers). Were you with a guy with a super cool XJ, with a UP sticker on the back? I love your rig; have always loved those Toys. We had finished up lunch and were crossing back over and you guys let us pass. The stocker was my son's high school buddy - he had just bought it, and it was his first run with it (and with our Twisted club). He works at Discount Tire, and as soon as we got home, he went and put 35s on it. Muuuuuch better, albeit too late for that day. We had to drag him over one obstacle, and decided to keep the line on him in case we had to do any more dragging...but he did just fine the rest of the day.

Rick
June 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
welcome!!!

Cr33p3r
June 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Aaron was good to meet you and your friend on Miller Rock, Your friend sure shocked at the top of that hill we were parked on when he said the yota was in 2wd. Look forward to runnin some trails with you guys.

glacierpaul
June 17th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome Aaron! Sweet Toyota! Glad you gave us a look and joined:thumb: Edit: I need to get my stickers on!!

ILuvtheMountains
June 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Welcome aboard! You have quite the awesome stable of 4x4s. We will see you on a trail soon.

Brucker
June 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Wow, more warm welcomes, Thank you!

Welcome, you found a great club! I think we saw you on Miller Rock on Saturday (I was in my husband's yellow JKU (when I wasn't jogging/hiking), not my TJ) - that was a Twisted run (but I'm guessing Sean's sweet built Ranger probably had FR4x4 stickers). Were you with a guy with a super cool XJ, with a UP sticker on the back? I love your rig; have always loved those Toys. We had finished up lunch and were crossing back over and you guys let us pass. The stocker was my son's high school buddy - he had just bought it, and it was his first run with it (and with our Twisted club). He works at Discount Tire, and as soon as we got home, he went and put 35s on it. Muuuuuch better, albeit too late for that day. We had to drag him over one obstacle, and decided to keep the line on him in case we had to do any more dragging...but he did just fine the rest of the day.

You all had some pretty sweet rides! And yes, my buddy in the XJ is originally from da UP. I think you made his day when you commented on it.

Aaron was good to meet you and your friend on Miller Rock, Your friend sure shocked at the top of that hill we were parked on when he said the yota was in 2wd. Look forward to runnin some trails with you guys.

Nice to quickly meet you as well. You were driving the built Ranger, Correct?

I was running around all day in 2wd on both trails. Tight, narrow trails and a Detroit in the front makes turning suck. So I left the hubs unlocked and had a much easier time. But I do have dual transfer cases so the first case was put into low a few times to help keep the wheel spin down and help with traction over some of the harder obstacles. But as we all know, Miller and Bunce aren't really that difficult even in the "toughest" sections. They are just good trails to get away from the city and the enjoy the beautiful mountains and play on some dirt and rocks.

Java
June 17th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Welcome!! :thumb: Nice rig!

Cr33p3r
June 18th, 2013, 05:54 AM

I was running around all day in 2wd on both trails. Tight, narrow trails and a Detroit in the front makes turning suck. So I left the hubs unlocked and had a much easier time. But I do have dual transfer cases so the first case was put into low a few times to help keep the wheel spin down and help with traction over some of the harder obstacles. But as we all know, Miller and Bunce aren't really that difficult even in the "toughest" sections. They are just good trails to get away from the city and the enjoy the beautiful mountains and play on some dirt and rocks.

Yep that was me, I wish we could have watched your rig a bit more than we got to but one of these days we'll do a run together. I like your build page too, Nice work!

Brucker
June 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome!! :thumb: Nice rig! Thanks!

Yep that was me, I wish we could have watched your rig a bit more than we got to but one of these days we'll do a run together. I like your build page too, Nice work!

Thanks, I would have liked to get a better look at your Ranger as well. Looked like someone had a good amount of time invested into it. I am sure it is a VERY capable and fun rig.

The StRanger
June 18th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Sup Aaron. Sorry im late, Iv been on Vaca
Welcome to the dark side
We have cookies!!!

Brucker
June 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Sup Aaron. Sorry im late, Iv been on Vaca
Welcome to the dark side
We have cookies!!!

Cookies you say? I like cookies :)

Funrover