PDA

View Full Version : A formal apology to J.P., Rick and Brucker

ILuvtheMountains
June 23rd, 2013, 10:56 PM
To those of you I was supposed to meet on twin cone, I humbly apologize. I created a run on this site that was to include anyone who wanted to go on a run that was started by tacomaWorld. Well the Tacoma guys made some itinerary changes and it went downhill from there. We set out to do twin cone and was somehow decided that we would do mclelland then twin cone and then Mclelland went to pot.
After the large group left us (the last vehicle) at a gas station we proceeded to drive past the trailhead (we were looking for our group who said they were waiting at the turnoff, but weren't) then the group got divided into three groups (due to impatience or bad communication) who took different trails and ended with a guy almost having a very bad day trying to drive through a snowdrift on a shelf road and having his rear end slide over the edge. Then another driver tried winching him back on trail only to burn out his solenoid. They got him back on the trail and had to (all six trucks) back down 1/2 mile of shelf road with switchbacks. It was not what I had planned on. I didn't even get to see twin cone, and that is what I set out to do today. Frustrating.
Anyway, that've the second time I have tried to start a run on fr4x4 and had people try to join me and I wasn't able to make it. I have the feeling I am beginning to look like a flake. I assure you all, I am not. The last run had nobody RSVP until after I was out in the mountains and I didn't want to try the trail alone. The second time was explained above.
i really want to wheel in northern Colorado because the I 70 corridor has me never wanting to go up there again. 2.5 hrs to guanella and 4hrs back due to construction. That is ridiculous when I have good wheeling in My back yard.
I guess to sum up this post I would like to apologize to anyone who met up at a TH that I did not show up to and let them know that there are legitimate reasons I did not show, but it is still my fault. Please give me another chance to make it up to you all and please don't avoid trail runs I post, for I will not let my fr4x4 members down again.

Brucker
June 23rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
No need to apologize, to me at least. Really, no hard feelings. Stuff happens.

ILuvtheMountains
June 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks. Still don't like to be the guy who sets up plans and doesn't follow through. I really want to do KF thought so maybe if you wanna do it again sometime soon...?

Jim
June 23rd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Two things...

1) No worries - stuff happens. I won't shy away from a run you post.

2) I'm not sure how "connected" your run listing was with TacomaWorld's, but I believe the "run rule" is that anything posted here is 100% FR4x4. We don't cross-post runs from other sites as, perhaps in this case (I don't know), a change at one forum doesnt fully transfer over to another. If someone posts a run here, they're doing reasonable best to make it happen here. Yes, stuff happens, we all live in that world. I'll just point back to item #1...

Any pictures of the teetering shelf road vehicle??

ILuvtheMountains
June 23rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
That is very reasonable and glad I now know about the run-rule. I tried to get a few more vehicles together but it obviously didn't work out. We live and learn. I went up a section of road and saw the drifts up there and did not want to go, so I waited at an intersection and heard the drama unfold via cb. If someone else posts pics, I will post them somewhere here.

Brad
June 23rd, 2013, 11:44 PM
I read this and my only thought was pics of the ledge drama! :D

We are a forgiving bunch, personally I only run with FR4x4. My rule is if I am not with anyone else I don't do difficult runs. :thumb:

glacierpaul
June 24th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Just by virtue of the thread shows your ethics, even these kind of incidents build experience :) I have had the same sort of deals, I was going to help Kaleb do a recovery up Spring Creek, but got hurt that morning getting ready :(, shizzen happens. I guess what should be done is get folks cell #'s that are doing the 'run', then if there is a problem hopefully you could get a hold of someone in the run. This has worked out great for me a few times:).

Rick
June 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
No worries!!! J.p and Myself had a great day..got to the trailhead to see about 15 vehicles getting ready to go,so we got around them and basically the only 2 on the trail....got up and down and finished by 1:30,had lunch about halfway down then home....Pixs to come later.....We'll catch up with ya on another run , thanks for the apology anyhow,but really not needed.

Shane
June 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I am not sure if this would be a great idea but what about posting a phone list in the members only section that way someone can print it off and have it in their rig. Any thoughts?

Rick
June 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
in the rescue list.

Shane
June 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM
in the rescue list.
I forgot about the rescue list.

Jim
June 24th, 2013, 08:50 AM
If someone else posts pics, I will post them somewhere here.

I double checked this recently - ANY run pix may be posted in the Trail Run Reports section. Just create a "report" thread yourself for what you ran and post up!

Native ZJ
June 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM
No worries I new what was going on before I left the house and had a good time. Pics to come, sorry it didn't go so good for you're group.

Brucker
June 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I really want to do KF thought so maybe if you wanna do it again sometime soon...?

Since it is almost a two hour drive for me and I just ran Kelly and Sevenmile, you would have an easier time convincing me for a run through Moody/Crystal. That is another place I haven't gone through in years.

Haku
June 24th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Since it is almost a two hour drive for me and I just ran Kelly and Sevenmile, you would have an easier time convincing me for a run through Moody/Crystal. That is another place I haven't gone through in years.

I missed out on Moody/Crystal last year, but its my favorite trail and I'd DEFINITELY be up for a run up there. If you are really wanting to get a BUNCH of wheeling in, you can do Kelly Flats, Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain in the same day. Its only a half hour or so drive between the trail heads. A while back some of us on here did two days of wheeling with Bald Mountain/Green Canyon on one day and Moody/Crystal the other too.

ILuvtheMountains
June 24th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Well what day/date may work for you to do those? I am anxious to see if I can make it up the rock quarry!

Haku
June 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I can do Friday or Sunday this week, and after that my schedule is wide open until someone calls me for work (I'm a independent contractor) so I am relatively flexible but that can change quickly sometimes. I've been itching to get out wheeling, and I don't like to pass up those trails.

The rock quarry is a fun one for sure, and there are other parts that are fun too.

ILuvtheMountains
June 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Friday or Sunday would work. I would have to be back earlier on Friday (5pm in foco) but Sunday is pretty much open.

Haku
June 24th, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'm cool with Sunday too. I prefer not to have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go wheeling, and to get back by 5pm we would probably want to be on the trail by 9am or earlier to be safe, so I'd have to be out of the house by 7am.

How about meet at 10:30am in Masonville and leave by 11am for the trailhead? If that works, I'll post up a run or someone else can.

Brucker
June 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I could be talked into a Sunday run pretty easily, but Friday would be out.

Is there parking available for a truck and trailer near or at the trail head? Longer distance than I like to make just in the Toyota

Haku
June 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Yep, there is a pretty decent sized pull off right at the Moody Hill trailhead that works great for that. If you don't want to drive your trailer on a graded dirt road, there is also one out on the paved road too.

Sounds like its Moody Toyota Sunday for the win!

Brucker
June 24th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Yep, there is a pretty decent sized pull off right at the Moody Hill trailhead that works great for that. If you don't want to drive your trailer on a graded dirt road, there is also one out on the paved road too.

Sounds like its Moody Toyota Sunday for the win!

Sweet, count me in. Like I said I haven't been there in years. Remember the quarry as being fun. Looking forward to this!

Haku
June 24th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Sounds good man.

Here is the link to the trail run... http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?19274-Moody-Hill-and-Crystal-Mountain-Sunday-June-30th&p=234647#post234647

I put it as a "planned" run and put the RSVP thing up too.

ILuvtheMountains
June 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I will probably meet at the intersection for buckhorn road. But all the rest sounds good. I will be there by 11:15 and I should beat you guys there by a few minutes