PDA

View Full Version : Thread Moves

Jim
June 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Howdy folks,

I wish to let you know about some of the thread moves of late. My goal is simply to keep the forum "reasonably organized". In most cases where I move a thread it is from "General" to "Chat". The reason is that it might not have any (or "not enough" by my subjective call) 4x4 content to be considered for "General". In those cases I kick it over to Chat.

Please note, I have no gruble towards the OP (original poster) and it's simply an organizational task. Likewise, please do not be offended (not that anyone has said as such) if I moved "your thread" (though you may certainly PM me if you have question). Again, the goal is to simply keep the forum reasonably organized.

Below is the text I use when making a decision (each forum should have guideline text):

Forum: General Topics
All 4x4 topics that don't fit in more specific forums belong here. When in doubt please use this section.

Forum: Chat
Off-topic Chat for those times when you're mind wanders from 4x4's. Let's keep it friendly and PG. No politics or religion please.

EDIT: When I make a "move" I typically leave a 1-week "moved" redirect in the original forum.

Backcountryislife
July 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
yep... everyone is always talking about how heavy handed & just downright mean that Jim guys is as a moderator... sheesh!!! :lmao:

Thanks for keeping things clean man.

I mod on another site, and it's usually more about getting classified ads out of the main forums than anything else (oh, and scolding someone who hurt someone else's feelers)!