PDA

View Full Version : Truck and trailer parking near Spring Creek?

Brucker
July 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Just like the title asks. Closest, best place? The rig I would be running the trail with is street legal so I can park a ways away, but would perfer to stay off highways. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

RidgeRunner
July 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.763043,-105.633583&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=18

There is a spot right where Alvarado Rd. runs into the frontage road as wall as some space where Silver City Rd. (trailhead) turns off of Alavarado.

Brucker
July 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks. So just to be clear, there is legal parking there.

RidgeRunner
July 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I guess I can't say if it's legal or not. I just know I've seen trailers parked there. A guy I wheel with usually parks in first place I mentioned.

Haku
July 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
There is definitely a dirt lot close to the turnoff of the Frontage road where I have seen trailers parked and if that is full or there are "no parking" signs, there should be plenty of pulloffs on the Frontage road nearby.

Typically when people run Spring Creek they go out through Ute Creek which drops down to the Mt. Evans highway, and there are lots of places on that road to park you trailer rig. You can then drive down to Idaho Springs and take the Frontage Road to Dumont and the trailhead. Obviously you can just turn around at the Rock Garden and go back down if you don't want to deal with that too.

Have fun, don't break stuff :p.

Brucker
July 25th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the responses all. I think I have the info I need. Looking to go in the next couple of weeks and hate being unprepared/unadvised of the layout before I travel.

Brucker
July 25th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Have fun, don't break stuff :p.

Were your issues fully resolved with the fuse replacement? Gone after that exhaust yet? Missed you in the trip report from Jenny Creek. I managed to get a couple decent shots of your rig.