PDA

View Full Version : April 20 Metberry Gultch

Funrover
April 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Looking foward to this trail I have never done it and it's been sometime since I was around the burn area!

When/Where should we meet?

4Runninfun
April 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I always love stopping by the doughnut mill there in woodland park. they have they BEST biscuits and gravy!

Funrover
April 3rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
I am down for that!!

Funrover
April 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Trip report from March 28
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=119539

Chris
April 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Looking foward to this trail I have never done it and it's been sometime since I was around the burn area!

Who's doing this? I'd like to! :cheers:

Funrover
April 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I am going to set it up. Pathrat has driven it before. I am just tring to get out and explore new trails

Chris
April 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Sounds good! We'll be able to get a good idea on the conditions because Colorado Land Cruisers and some Rising Sun people are doing it the day before.

Pathrat
April 4th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I just have to figure out the correct directions TO the trailhead ;-), got them for the way back

Funrover
April 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
COOL!!!! Maybe we will take the Jeep out!

davidpri
April 4th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Alright ! I am ready for another run.

You can count me in.

Please post where Denver folks can meet up for the trip.

David

Funrover
April 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Where is a good place?

Pathrat
April 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Funrover, I see you asked where to meet and where to accomodate those of us in Denver too.

I am bandaged, doped up on pain killers and muscle relaxants, and my man won't let me go rooting through the truck for my maps. SO, I am not going to be real helpful right now in figuring on a meeting place. Give me a few days for my neck to start being normal again, then I can do my looking up of spots.

In the meantime, if someone else has an obvious meet spot, bring it forth
thanks

Chris
April 4th, 2008, 08:21 PM
King Soopers on Hampden & Monaco? A couple blocks east of I-25

SCRubicon
April 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I think I can make this one... ;-)

brody
April 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Works ok, but which direction are you planning on heading out? Springs folks should plan on meeting the Denver bunch right there in Westcliffe (Westcreek??) at the turn out off of 67. LaDawn and I will head out via 285 to Pine Junction, then south towards Woodland Park and will probably meet everyone that wants to go this way at the Fort.

Westcliffe is almost 1/2 way between Woodland park and Pine Junction and getting there either via I25 to 24, to 67 ior Sedalia, Rampart, Deckers route is a long round about way to go.

Funrover
April 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds good to me.... Going to the Donut Mill first though!

Funrover
April 7th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Ok so it's Westcreek.... Where is a good place there to meet? and what time? aim for 10 again?

Funrover
April 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
WHO IS GOING TO GO? Meet Westcreek @10 a.m. (will find a place in next week)

1. Jessica and me
2. Ryan (not a member here)

bskey
April 7th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I'm working on it..... I'd like to go.

isotel
April 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM
you guys should consider going on saturday with Colorado land cruisers!!
http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/213996-trail-ride-metberry-gulth-4-19-08-a.html

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I may be there with the kiddos. This should be a great trail to bring the family, not that young boys and girls love a river or anything :clap:

I'd be up for going with CLC on Sat, but then, I have a Cruiser :D

Me too but I think I'll wait and do it with the cool kids :D

Let us know how it goes when you get home. :cheers:

Funrover
April 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I can't do sat, but you all have fun! I will stick to Sunday for me

isotel
April 7th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Everyone is always welcome on CLC runs.. even Jeeps ;)

sorry i dont want to mess up your guys run, just letting you know that we will be up there on saturday.. its always nice to have a good size group! ;)

Pathrat
April 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
King Soopers on Hampden & Monaco? A couple blocks east of I-25

So is this the spot for the Denverites to meet? And I would guess we need to meet there closer to nine so we can hook up in Westcreek around 10? I got lost on the way down when I drove it last year, taking the Sedalia to Deckers route. I was using the Gazeteer and Mr. Wells was using county roads...couldn't reconcile the two names for the same roads. I have good directions after we turn west on County Rd 68, aka Stump Road, just west of Pine Lake.

How many will be meeting there? I'll post my cell later.

I plan on asking the doc tomorrow how soon I can go wheeling again. I might have to wear my dog collar but maybe everyone can sign it. (kidding)

Chris
April 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Yep, it's right off I-25 north of the DTC/225. 9 sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure how many, maybe we can get a tally now?

Who wants to meet in Denver and caravan down?

Pathrat
April 8th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yep, it's right off I-25 north of the DTC/225. 9 sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure how many, maybe we can get a tally now?

Who wants to meet in Denver and caravan down?

You and I make two vehicles....next?

Chris
April 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM
You and I make two vehicles....next?

Pete? Joe? Jimmy? Happy? David? Who else is up here and going?

(Jimmy you've been quiet, let's hear from you ;))

bskey
April 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I'm down. How far is the drive to the trailhead?

Funrover
April 9th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Alright Colo Springs group:

Donut Mill work?

Brody
April 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
I'm going, especially if I manage to get the PS fixed and the Taco rear axle in. LaDawn may be committed to working.

So what is the plan on where to meet and when?

Jimmy
April 9th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Pete? Joe? Jimmy? Happy? David? Who else is up here and going?

(Jimmy you've been quiet, let's hear from you ;))

Hahaha, I have been distracted lately. I'm in for the run and can meet you all at Hampden and Monaco.

Pathrat
April 9th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yesterday at my post-op appointment I asked, "When can I go four-wheeling?". Her answer: "6 weeks". I just looked at her. Then she added, "Well everyone is different, why don't you come back in three weeks and we'll take a look at you."

I read the x-rays, everything is in it's place and those places only kind of hurt. I am inclined to disobey my medical advice but I will check in for sure in the middle of next week.

For now, it's off to California tomorrow where I will try to talk my dad into letting me drive that British sports car of his I can't remember the name of. Astin Martin? I don't know, it just goes fast.

Have a good weekend you guys.

Funrover
April 9th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Get better soon!

Chris
April 9th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Enjoy racing around CA and come back safely, whiplash in a fast car can be worse than bumping along a trail. :D

Brody
April 10th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Suggestions:
Those of us that have easier access to 285/C470 should meet at the Fort and go out 285>Pine Junction>Deckers>Westcliffe which is the way LaDawn and I will go.

I think Chris (and Dave) are going through Sedalia>Deckers>Westcreek and would have a different meeting place. We will go that route if no one is going out 285 just to have some company.

Springs/Monument people are setting up their own meeting place as they will probably head out 24>Woodland Park>Westcreek.

So we will need some coordination on this. My suggestion is that we all plan to meet at the turnoff for Westcreek on Hwy67 at a certain time and to post where the two groups of folks are meeting and what times. For clarity's sake, maybe we should start two independent threads: Metberry April 20 Colorado Springs and Metberry April 20 Denver.

bskey
April 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
How long is the drive from Denver?

Funrover
April 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
How long is the drive from Denver?

From mapquest

Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 44 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 72.97 miles

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Denver+CO/Westcreek+CO/

bskey
April 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Ok, so it's West Creek? Brody, you keep confusing me with talk about Westcliffe. That's down by the Sand Dunes at Hwy 96 & Hwy 69.

Chris
April 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hahaha, I have been distracted lately. I'm in for the run and can meet you all at Hampden and Monaco.

Getting on a trail is a great way to get one's focus back. Nice to know you're still around and looking forward to wheeling with you again.

Brody
April 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Say Hampden and Monaco near I25 for the Denver group and figure that it will take 1 1/2 hour to get to Westcreek via Sedalia/Deckers way.

Steve, PM me if you are going. If you are , LaDawn and I will probably meet you at the Fort and go via 285>Pine Junction as it is shorter for us.

Aaron, you probably should post a meet time and place for Monument and Springs folks. Whats wrong with the Donut place? Sounds like everyone knows where that is.

Westcreek at 10:00 in the pullout off of 67. Good for all?

Brett-sorry about the Westcliffe/Westcreek confusion. Don't ever get old...Makes me feel really stupid as I have written 3 rock climbing guides to the area, all containing stuff around Turkey Rocks, Big Rock and Longwater Dome, all accessed via WestCREEK/Stump Road.....Just been doing all of my climbing in other areas and haven't been done there for awhile....

Funrover
April 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Aaron, you probably should post a meet time and place for Monument and Springs folks. Whats wrong with the Donut place? Sounds like everyone knows where that is.

Last I checked that was the place!! WOO HOOOO!!!! and as always I will meet at Jamies house also

Chris
April 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Westcreek at 10:00 in the pullout off of 67. Good for all?

So the Denver group should leave King Soopers by 8:00am? Is that right?

Brody
April 11th, 2008, 06:07 AM
8:00 would be good and leave a margin for error and lateness. I am going to send this out to my other friends on my e-mail list who haven't signed up on FR4x4..

Funrover
April 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Alright CS and monument group what time should we meet @ Donut Mill? Figure on eating time and all.....

I figure they are both really close so how does 9:00 @ the Mill sound?

bskey
April 11th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I'mlooking forward to this!

Telly
April 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
9:00am at the Donut Mill. My 6-year old will be with me. Doug

Brody
April 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I think that Bear, Steve, LaDawn and I will meet everybody by the rail road tracks in Sedalia around 8:30. It is easier for all of us on the West end to meet there instead of Hampden and Monaco.

Steve-do you want to meet around the Fort, or is just meeting in Sedalia fine by you? Bear lives south of Lockheed and LaDawn and I are coming down via C470 from Wadsworth. Give a call or PM me. 303-507-3066.

Got the axle in, now I just have to get the PS box in sometime this week and hook up the rear ARB. Should be good to go after that.

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hey Pathrat, you get the docs clearance to do this? IIRC you're trail leader ;)

gragravar
April 14th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, funrover referred me to this board, and this thread in particular. I'll be joining the denver folks at just off of 25 & Hampden at 8:00 for this trail run.

looking forward to meeting you all.

- Andrew

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, funrover referred me to this board, and this thread in particular. I'll be joining the denver folks at just off of 25 & Hampden at 8:00 for this trail run.

looking forward to meeting you all.

- Andrew

Good to hear Andrew! How about some pics of your rig in the member 4x4 photo gallery section?

:clap:

gragravar
April 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Good to hear Andrew! How about some pics of your rig in the member 4x4 photo gallery section?

:clap:

I'll add some tomorrow. I gotta get back to watching the Avs try to win in OT.
:thunb:

Brody
April 15th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Hey Andrew! Looking forward to meeting you!

Anyone keeping a rough count of how many rigs are going on this run?
Brody
Bear
Andrew L
Andrew (new)
Steve
Chris
Jon
Fred
Dave Nay
Dave Pri
Jamie
Bren
Brett
Jimmy
Aaron

And that is just off the top of my head without going back and doing a count. This is going to be a big run!

Funrover
April 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Already posted..... sorry

gragravar
April 15th, 2008, 09:31 AM
FOR THE DENVER CROWD!! I have a friend who s going to join. He has a black Range Rover or a Black Discovery. He is planning on meeting at the safeway get together at 8

Thanks

psst. look 4 or 5 posts up. I already told 'em. :D

Funrover
April 15th, 2008, 09:37 AM
psst. look 4 or 5 posts up. I already told 'em. :D

I am fast like frozen molasis..LOL

bskey
April 15th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Well... just found out I get to work at 1 on Sunday. I'm going to try to get out of it, but I may have to bail! Damnnit!! Someday I'll get this rig out on the trail.

.....any chance well have all 15 rigs back to Denver by one???

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Well... just found out I get to work at 1 on Sunday. I'm going to try to get out of it, but I may have to bail! Damnnit!! Someday I'll get this rig out on the trail.

.....any chance well have all 15 rigs back to Denver by one???

I'd hate to make you late for work by saying "yes" but I think it would be very unlikely at best. :(

bskey
April 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I'm going to see if I can get someone to switch my shift.

Funrover
April 15th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Add Tye, he is having troubles signing in currently!

Funrover
April 16th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Hey Andrew! Looking forward to meeting you!

Anyone keeping a rough count of how many rigs are going on this run?
Brody
Bear
Andrew L
Andrew (new)
Steve
Chris
Jon
Fred
Dave Nay
Dave Pri
Jamie
Bren
Brett
Jimmy
Aaron

And that is just off the top of my head without going back and doing a count. This is going to be a big run!

Add Tye, my neighbor Kevin.. maybe a friend Ryan also.. not %100 on him yet

Telly
April 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
My son and I are still planning to attend. Is the C/S and Monument folks still planning to meet at the Donut Mill at 9:00? Doug

Chris
April 16th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm not in - hadn't initially realized this was Sunday. :princess: will be unhappy if I am slogging around in the snow on Metberry while she is waiting for me at DIA :eek:

Don't worry about it, her flight will probably be cancelled because the airline decides to ground the fleet or they'll declare bankruptcy. :D

Funrover
April 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM
My son and I are still planning to attend. Is the C/S and Monument folks still planning to meet at the Donut Mill at 9:00? Doug

Yup Donut Mill 9:00 a.m. in Woodland park! My # is 719 660 8535 if you need to call at all!

sonofbr
April 16th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Me too. I haven't been paying attention.
Aaron, wanna convoy?
I can meet you at your house 8-8:30?

Funrover
April 17th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I figure I will meet @ Jamies in the morn like always

Jamie
April 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I cannot go. bridgett is leaving out of town for work Sunday morning and I have a birthday party to go to for the little girl. Bummer!

Pathrat
April 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
:( As much as it sucks and as much as I would like to disregard my surgeon's "advice" and my husband's cautions, I can't go wheeling this weekend. After four days of working, I know things are not healed yet. Would be unfortanate to jar that new titanium disc and wedge it into my spine. I feel like pitching a fit, like a kid at the grocery store who wants the Lucky Charms Mom wont' buy.

Does anyone want me to re-post my trail report from 11/07 with mileage marks?

Chris
April 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Not to add to a trend but I'm out too. :(

Sunday is inspection day for our home purchase and I have to be there to make sure I know what I'm getting and deal with such things. Bums me out because I've really been looking forward to this run. I've missed the last couple already.

You all have a great time, post lots of pics and make those of us doing other stuff regret it even more.

Pathrat - good decision, you don't want to mess with titanium.

Funrover
April 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Wow... this is crazy.... Well I am still in

Joe where do you want to meet?

Chris
April 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Trying to change things so I can still come...

gragravar
April 17th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I am still in. Who am I looking to meet in Denver? What will you folks be driving?

Funrover
April 17th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I am still in. Who am I looking to meet in Denver? What will you folks be driving?

Brody - Black tubed out Toyota truck (trust me you will know it)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/aaronwart/Offroad/feb%2024/IMG_0384.jpg

Steve - Red Jeep JK
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/aaronwart/Offroad/feb%2024/IMG_0385.jpg

Jimmy - Red DI
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Funrover/Off%20road%20Trips/IMG_8425.jpg

sonofbr
April 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
your house is fine.
What time? 8:00?

Funrover
April 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM
your house is fine.
What time? 8:00?

how's 7:30?

sonofbr
April 18th, 2008, 01:59 PM
you'll hear me coming a mile away :thunb:

Jimmy
April 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
A note on the pics above... David has a TJ Wrangler on 37s, not the Cruiser. :)

Funrover
April 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM
A note on the pics above... David has a TJ Wrangler on 37s, not the Cruiser. :)

Yeah I rmember now DO'H:rant:

Ja-Beep
April 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=brody;7179]Say Hampden and Monaco near I25 for the Denver group and figure that it will take 1 1/2 hour to get to Westcreek via Sedalia/Deckers way.

Steve, PM me if you are going. If you are , LaDawn and I will probably meet you at the Fort and go via 285>Pine Junction as it is shorter for us.

Brody-
This is Ja-Beep Aka Andrew. Which route are you taking? I'm trying to read through this thread and everybody is everywhere. I would prefer to go 285 as well. Can I meet you at the fort? If so, what time? :)

Jimmy
April 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Quick question - Who still needs to meet at the King Soopers at Hampden and Monaco? This is out of my way and if there's no need for me to go there, then I'd be good with skipping it and catching up with others at another spot.

Andrew/gragravar seems to be the only other person (from my review of the thread) that was planning on meeting there and is still going. Chris - Were you able to change plans in order to go?

If I don't hear back from anyone, I'll probably head directly to Sedalia and if I miss that group, then catch up with everyone in Westcreek.

Anyone needing to meet at Hampden and Monaco - POST UP!!! :)

Funrover
April 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Jimmy - Andrew is still planning on meeting there as far as I know!

gragravar
April 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I was planning to meet there, but dont need to. where are the rest of you from the denver metro gonna meet?

You all want to meet in sedalia or something?

gragravar
April 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
or if you all are going 285>Pine Junction>Deckers>Westcliffe

want to meet in westcliffe?

Jimmy
April 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Andrew - AFAIK it's just you and I from this general area. I'd say Sedalia by 0830 for the other group (if I'm understanding correctly, they'll be at the railroad tracks that cross CO-67 right after you turn onto it from US-85)... and if we miss them, then onto Westcreek by 1000 for the Springs folks.

Chris - If you're still going and still want to stick with King Soopers, just say so - I always check the thread before heading out in the morning anyways

gragravar
April 19th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Andrew - AFAIK it's just you and I from this general area. I'd say Sedalia by 0830 for the other group (if I'm understanding correctly, they'll be at the railroad tracks that cross CO-67 right after you turn onto it from US-85)... and if we miss them, then onto Westcreek by 1000 for the Springs folks.

Chris - If you're still going and still want to stick with King Soopers, just say so - I always check the thread before heading out in the morning anyways

sounds like a plan. I'll check this thread in the morning for a post saying to meet at KS, otherwise will plan to look for you ~8:30 in sedalia. I'll get there as close to that as I can. I am picking up a friend who will be riding along with me at 7:00 way up north (I25 & 144th).

I'll be in a black Range Rover Classic.

Jimmy
April 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Sounds good - I'm in red Disco that was pictured... except I have on my winter rims/tires which are the factory castor alloy rims, so it'll look a little different. :)

Jimmy
April 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I should say "sorry" for changing things up at, what I think of as, the last minute. I somehow missed Pathrat's and Chris' posts about not going... until tonight.

I hate last minute changes, but I think I squeaked this one in soon enough not to be a disaster.

Again, if there's anyone out there that is still intending on meeting at Hampden and Monaco, POST IT UP before heading out the door in the morning! :)

SCRubicon
April 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm still in. It has been a strange/hetic week, so I didn't get to check in here much. What time do you guys want to meet at the Fort? The Jeep is packed and I should be out of the rack by 5:30 A.M. - it will give me a chance to hang out w/ the puppy and take a slow mosey over to Morrison.

4Runninfun
April 20th, 2008, 12:19 AM
:mad: SIGH well it's midnight and my truck still isn't ready to go. Unfortunately the family business went long today so unfortunately i won't make the run tomorrow (today). Take lots of pics.

Jimmy
April 20th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Good morning folks! Just checking in and no mention from anyone that they need to meet at KS. I'll take one more peek before heading out the door.

SCRubicon
April 20th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Morning wheelers! I'll be sitting at the Fort. If I don't see anybody, I'm going to push off down 285. See you later!

Jimmy
April 20th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Alrighty then! See everyone in a few.

Funrover
April 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
:mad: SIGH well it's midnight and my truck still isn't ready to go. Unfortunately the family business went long today so unfortunately i won't make the run tomorrow (today). Take lots of pics.

Your Killin me smalls!!!:mad::mad::mad::rant::rant:

SCRubicon
April 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I'll be on c.b. chanel 4.