PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Trip, June 14

Funrover
April 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
This trip has us going to Middles St.Vrain/Brunce School/T-33 Plane crash area. I will be camping up there and I believe Brody is scouting our location for that! Looking forward to this as I know Jessica is also!

4Runninfun
April 3rd, 2008, 04:07 PM
looking forward to this. I really hope my SO will be here, which it looks increasingly like she will be.

Funrover
April 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Good to hear!

usmcruiser
April 3rd, 2008, 11:00 PM
Amber and I will be there.

We were up at Bunce School last Sunday with Dirty Toad and Toadette and it was a lot of fun. Amber's first time driving. There was still a fair ammount of snow up there. We could not get to the plane crash because of about 4 feet of snow, and the gate to Camp Dick was closed as well. But non the less Amber did great and had a blast driving!!!

Funrover
April 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Awsome! Should be a great time!

Brody
April 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Bunce School Road is only open about 3 miles and is closed at what is called 'the meadow'. The FS put up a new gate this year which precludes you even getting to the harder part, much less the T33 and sand pits area.

This is based on personal experience earlier this year. Everyone we talked to was very surprised at the gate addition as it was usually a trail that you could run all the way up to the gate where the switchbacks descended down into Camp Dick, which was the standard closure from both the Bunce and Camp Dick sides in years past.

Funrover
April 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM
So what does this mean for our trip up?