PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Flats TOMORROW (8/4)

ILuvtheMountains
August 3rd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Kelly Flats TOMORROW (8/4)

What: Jim and I (and any other FR4x4 member who wants to join) are going to do Kelly Flats tomorrow. It is a shorter trail, but we will likely do the main route plus the fun bypass to fill out the trip.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=37

Where: meet at Ted's Place (intersection of 287 and hwy 14)
When: meet at 9am
Why: because its what we do
Who: hopefully a bunch of fr4x4 peeps

You can pm me for more info or respond to the thread I am about to start in the planned runs thread.

hope to see you up there, sorry for the short notice.

Max
August 3rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Is it worth the drive for this one trail?

ILuvtheMountains
August 3rd, 2013, 08:55 PM
Is it worth the drive for this one trail?
If you will be sitting around at home tomorrow if you don't come, I would say hell yeah! It is a fun trail. There is one ridiculous obstacle if you have a small enough rig. Big rigs (even mine) would surely experience body damage in it, but I saw a SASed xterra do it.

Jim
August 3rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Well, if there's interest in another trail afterwards, I might be game. Sevenmile Creek is close. I could see doing a bit of ?Bald Mountain?. It's perhaps too long for a through ride tomorrow.

ILuvtheMountains
August 3rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Well, if there's interest in another trail afterwards, I might be game. Sevenmile Creek is close. I could see doing a bit of ?Bald Mountain?. It's perhaps too long for a through ride tomorrow.
Yeah, we will see how we feel after KF, but sevenmile is cool too. Never done bald mtn.

Max
August 3rd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Can I get a better location for the meeting spot if I can come? I see two areas where 287 and 14 meet.

Jim
August 3rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
It's where Hwy 14 heads west from 287. I have it as point "A" on the referenced map. It's about 9.5 miles from the Hwy14/US-287 intersection "in town" (point B on the map).

There is one gas station and one "info kiosk" on the same corner - easy to spot everyone from any parking location.

http://goo.gl/maps/2ziLR