PDA

View Full Version : My XJs flex test.

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I finished installing the lift Thursday, figured I'd post the flex.

mattzj98
August 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Is this with sway bars on or off?? Did you have to do any cutting? Rub?

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Is this with sway bars on or off?? Did you have to do any cutting? Rub?

Sway bar is still on, I have a 2in drop down kit installed. I still have to do some more cutting.

mattzj98
August 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Oh, nice.. I feel like ive seen your jeep around somewhere...

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Oh, nice.. I feel like ive seen your jeep around somewhere...

Could be.. I just got done building her. Before when I bought it she was a farm truck used to cut the guys grass, and do other tasks. She was completely stock, except for some one sprayed the underbody with a rinoliner, which is pretty cool so she is limited on the rust.

dscowell
August 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I love the color of your XJ!

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I love the color of your XJ!
Yea, I call it trashy blue....:lmao:

Hypoid
August 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Ok, I figured someone would soon ask for a flex test, so this morning I did one.One of the things I like about this board is less comparing and more problem solving. Any more info on your Cherokee?

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM
what info do you want?

xaza
August 10th, 2013, 08:33 PM
What kind of lift you go with? sorry if it is on another thread, still playing catch up. Did you remove the rear sway bar? Is this a daily driver or trail rig? did you get longer shocks? which ones you go with? Thanks for the pics! :thumb:

Tazer
August 10th, 2013, 08:42 PM
I went with a 3in Rough Country full suspension lift, Sway bar drop kit for the front, 33s BFG Mud T/A. Still have the rear swap bar attached, didn't know it could be removed. Is just a trail rig, my daily is a 2004 Silverado with a 2 in lift. Yes I got longer shocks, rear are N20 from RC, front passenger is N20 from RC, driver is Rancho. Soon I will make them all rancho, they seem to ride better.

xaza
August 10th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I have run the Rancho's on my truck for ten years and have had good luck with reliability and ride. Brother had the rc shocks and said they were real rough on a bumpy road.

dscowell
August 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I have heard the same about RC shocks upgrading would probably be wise

trailfiend
August 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I picked up the Bilstein 5100s for 4" lift when I went through my suspension, I'm very happy with their performance on and off road. The only time I wish I had something valved a little softer is on washboard roads, but otherwise they feel like they have good a good high speed compression setting - I haven't had my sway bar attached for close to a year now, when the resorts opened this summer and I started going to Winter Park 1-2 times a week, I thought I would attach it for that, but as long as I keep my entrance to turns sane, body roll is kept to a minimum. I also have the RE 3.5" coils on the front, which I believe have a spring rate of 241ppi, vs. stock which is about 140-150ppi, surprisingly despite that almost 100 pounds of increased spring rate, the jeep rides as smooth as I can ask it to considering.

I've noticed my un-swaybar'd XJ has LESS body roll than my dad's bone stock 06 Silverado 1500 around town.

Anyway, I'm happy with the Bilstein's, and highly recommend them. Just sayin.