Cinnamon Gulch
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=164

Warden Gulch
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=218

Chihuahua Gulch Most challenging
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=165

Tom
August 12th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I picked 8:30 as a meet time since we still have to go over the pass and up to Montezuma... Willing to change it if others feel strongly.

Mr6dwg
August 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I've done the Chihuaha Gulch road. That is a fun road. There is not alot of technicality involved, but I do agree, lots of scenery and beauty.

Tom
August 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Bump.

carpenle
August 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Looks like fun Tom, but I will be on a Motorcycle ride that day. I want to do these trails, especally Chihuaha Gulch.

Cr33p3r
August 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
If I can make it I wouldn't be at the meeting place to around 930 due to not getting off work til 7am.

Tom
August 28th, 2013, 11:16 AM
If I can make it I wouldn't be at the meeting place to around 930 due to not getting off work til 7am.Takes about an hour to get Georgetown to Montezuma. After airing down that would put us on the trail just before 11AM. Seems kind of late to me. What do others think?

Tom
August 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM
If I can make it I wouldn't be at the meeting place to around 930 due to not getting off work til 7am.
I pm'd tazer1987 to get his opinion since he's the only other member signed up.

alexb
August 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I'm in with my two girls. I can make 8:30 at Georgetown.

How long are you thinking to run the trails? Sack lunch on the trail, back down before dinner?

Cr33p3r
August 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I am in!

Tom
August 30th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Note time change. We will be meeting in Georgetown at 9:30AM

offroadwonder
September 2nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
This may be my first official FR4x4 run! My schedule has been pretty hit or miss this summer, but now that the season is almost over I should be able to make it up the mountain. I haven't been on any of these trails before either, so I am really looking forward to some new scenery.

By the way, how valuable is a CB? Would it be worth picking up a cheapie off of craigslist or Walmart?

Tom
September 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
This may be my first official FR4x4 run! My schedule has been pretty hit or miss this summer, but now that the season is almost over I should be able to make it up the mountain. I haven't been on any of these trails before either, so I am really looking forward to some new scenery.

By the way, how valuable is a CB? Would it be worth picking up a cheapie off of craigslist or Walmart?cb is useful, but DON'T pick one up just for this trip. We can discuss while on the run.

alexb
September 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm without a CB also. Haven't gotten around to finding a cheap one yet. :)

Tom
September 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I'm without a CB also. Haven't gotten around to finding a cheap one yet. :)No concern.

offroadwonder
September 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Good to know.

Tom
September 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
cb is useful, but DON'T pick one up just for this trip. We can discuss while on the run.
Had a typo and fixed it. This is what I intended.

Tom
September 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I'm in with my two girls. I can make 8:30 at Georgetown.

How long are you thinking to run the trails? Sack lunch on the trail, back down before dinner?It'll be a long day if we do all the spurs. We'll play it by ear and make a decision before.each spur. I'm thinking go up the main trail first then hit the spurs as we.head down. There are some interest mining ruins on the main trail I understand. I want to photograph them.

Bring lunch and water for sure and maybe a snack in case we run late. I'm planning my dinner at home, but that conceivably could be 8PM.

Brad
September 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM
I wish I could, but will most likely be at scout mans getting the scout back up and running.

Java
September 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM
I have a CB but I usually find I'm the only one. For easy trails I generally leave it home, I just beep the horn and scream for help. For Peru Creek my wife is coming along and has a back tweak so we may skip a spur if its too rocky for her. Looking forward to this, it looks fun and really beautiful! this is kinda goofy, but sort of interesting too for the history:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8029d-juBY

AdventureReady
September 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I'm still new to FR4X4, but I'm interested in this run! Is it alright if I join you guys? I need to review my schedule for the weekend, but I think it's open. I'm an amateur offroader and I think this could be a great opportunity to learn!

Tom
September 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I'm still new to FR4X4, but I'm interested in this run! Is it alright if I join you guys? I need to review my schedule for the weekend, but I think it's open. I'm an amateur offroader and I think this could be a great opportunity to learn!
Sure. Just add yourself to the trip on the calendar. These trails appear pretty easy as trails go. Good spot for beginners I think.

AdventureReady
September 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sure. Just add yourself to the trip on the calendar. These trails appear pretty easy as trails go. Good spot for beginners I think.

Cool, thanks! Can I get an address for the visitor center? I got two different ones when I googled it.

Tom
September 4th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Get off I70, go under the overpass. First right you can take will go into the parking lot.

Gateway Visitor Center https://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_us/mapfiles/transparent.png

1491 Argentine, Box 1037, Georgetown, CO ‎

AdventureReady
September 4th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Got it, thanks!

Chris
September 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Box 1037

Yikes, that'll get kind of cramped! :D

Chris
September 4th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Okay, I'm officially in. Finally going to get out! :2thumbup:

Java
September 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM
:thumb:

offroadwonder
September 5th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I don't want to end up making the group too big, but i have a buddy who would like to bring his Liberty on this run. Is there room for one more?

Java
September 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I just changed to NO, but I'll be up there and will probably see y'all anyway. I'm going to find a campsite so I'm going to try to get up there tonight or first thing in the morning, it seems like a solo-friendly area.

alexb
September 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I just changed to NO

But I *need* you up there. How else am I going to get a cool video of the trip? ;)

Java
September 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks Alex!! :) I saw the run was full and Jared has a buddy that wants to go so I figured I'd make room. Works out better for me sort of because I can scope out a site without having to be somewhere at a specific time, and I'm sure I'll see you guys anyway. I've been looking at some videos of the area and it's such easy wheeling and awesome scenery that I don't think it lends itself to video as much as photography, and Tom is the man for that. I'm gearing up for Moab video, you should come along on that run!

Cr33p3r
September 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Truck appears to be fixed and got new oil in her so looking forward to tomorrow. This evening when it cools down I'll readjust the rear brakes and load her up.

ajk150
September 6th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hey guys, just saw this post. Not sure, but I only saw 7 RSVP does that mean someone cancelled, cause a group is 8 right? This would be my first official run with FR4X4, but i do have an extra hand-held CB if needed. Let me know, as I've been dying to hit some trails since returning to CO.

Tom
September 6th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, just saw this post. Not sure, but I only saw 7 RSVP does that mean someone cancelled, cause a group is 8 right? This would be my first official run with FR4X4, but i do have an extra hand-held CB if needed. Let me know, as I've been dying to hit some trails since returning to CO.
Come on and join us.

Chris
September 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I saw the run was full

Did I miss the mention of this being limited in participants somewhere?

Tom
September 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Did I miss the mention of this being limited in participants somewhere?
Yes. When we got to 8 I closed it down. You were in before 8, that said I've said yes to everyone that has inquired.

ajk150
September 6th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Awesome, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning then!

Jackie
September 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'm not going on the run, but I have a hand-held CB if anyone really thinks they need one - I'll loan it to you. I'm in Westminster.

ajk150
September 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hey so sorry if I held anything up this morning. I should have set another alarm, because I overslept my original by about 30 minutes and it set me back to late. That said, i'm glad I went up anyway and got to meet a few of you guys that I saw on the trail along the way. Cool area, and very solo-friendly being I had no trouble hitting all these trails by myself. Maybe next time I'll actually get there on time and run it with y'all.

AdventureReady
September 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but is there any way I could get some pictures from this run? I'd love some, thanks!

Tom
September 11th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but is there any way I could get some pictures from this run? I'd love some, thanks!They are all available on the trail run report or from links there in. Just right click and save. If you see one that I took and would like a high resolution version PM me with a link to the image.