PDA

View Full Version : Hackett/Metberry Gulch trailer access

Brian
August 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I was thinking of heading to Hackett/Metberry Gulch in the near future but would like to trailer my rig as close as possible. It looks like there is an open area at the intersection of Co Rd 51 (Cedar Mt Rd) and Co Rd 3 (Wildhorn Rd) about 4-5 miles from the Hackett trail head. Would this be a good spot to unload and leave the truck and trailer while on the trails, or is there a better option that someone knows of?

Thanks for any help!

Robert B
August 13th, 2013, 08:32 PM
1 if ur just going for fun hit me up lol those are fun trails and yes that works......if ur trailer has some clearance and its not too big you might be able to get it right to the trail head but it will be a little work but if not that area is large enough to get a few trailers into

Brian
August 13th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Cool man thanks. I saw you guys went to Bull/Frosty Park too late to join up, plus I need this weekend to finish some things up anyway. I'm thinking the 24th is as early as I can try the gulches.

CS79bronco
August 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
There's a fire station that has a big lot where people park trailers/tow rigs. Just park on the edge, out of the way.